Subject: "Llauriele, Herald of Talia" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21295
Show all folders

Zanya (Guest)Fri 19-Sep-03 11:11 PM

#21295, "Llauriele, Herald of Talia"

Well with the new coding on hero deletions, I don;t know when my actual gravestone will post here if ever since I won;t be reactivating. So this will have to do for now.

This was one of my first characters since I came back to CF after one of my extended breaks, and will be my last (at least for another few years). Not that I did not enjoy it, or this game, because I enjoyed both very much. Just a little too much. I had taken to spending every second of my free time on the game like I used to do back in college. But I'm not in college anymore and I need to focus on other things. My real life has lost momentum.

Anyway, I began Llauriele after I played a few other characters up through their lower levels and realized that I didn;t really know what I was doing or where anything was anymore. It had, after all, been over two years since the last time I played. So I figured I would go with a character I knew has some exploration potential and which I could easily fall into the role. Since I had played an elven healer in the past and did quite well, I rolled one up. My intent was to join Sylvan and be a Bria follower... in other words, Zanya the sequel (to those who have long memories). But then, at level 9 some immortal decided to give me a chance to do something else entirely with this character. I wasn;t the only one who heard the voice, I know, but I guess I was the only one who really tried to figure it out or something. Anyway, I was lucky and unlucky at the same time. Lucky because this was so fun and interesting throughout the character's existence, and unlucky because it was horribly, hopelessly, addicting.

Throughout most of Llauriele's life, she has been getting more imm interaction than I could ever have hoped for or imagined possible. I almost felt guilty for it. I tried to keep things interesting for the imm or imms who played Talia and the other interesting characters I spoke with. Hopefully I succeeded.

I apologize to anyone who this deletion will harm RP or storywise. I had intended to play this character unto age death, since that would be a first for me, but it just isn't to be. Real life concerns as well as horrible connection issues have finally made me realize that I need to move back, walk away, and get moving again.

Enough of that, on to goodbyes! I had a lot of things I imagined myself saying in my goodbye messages, but a lot of it still can;t be said because of the presumably ongoing plot. But I'll do my best.

+++++ TALIA +++++

You get your own section. Thank you a million times over for all the interaction and fun with this character. I hope I kept your interest as well as you kept mine. I don;t know if leaving me with the meteor swarm skill after the demon possession was a mistake or done purposely, but it added a fun twist to my life as Llauriele (and I can still brag that I got a quest skill if I should ever care to). And I didn't even use it to PK anyone! How's that for self-control? I was a bit disappointed when the interaction tapered off and then petered out altogether for this last month. Since Llauriele's whole life was based upon her religion and she wasn;t really even allowed to get mixed up in cabal wars, life got pretty boring without Talia around. I promise that isn;t the reason I deleted though. I knew you'd be back. I'm sorry if I messed up anything you had planned. And I'm sorry for my lousy typing skills. I have to have long nails for work, and it's murder on my typing. Take care of Miphon for me.

+++++ BEST FRIENDS +++++

Ocelevan- I imagine this will take you by surprise probably more than anyone since I spoke to you of possibly immorting. I must admit that, though this desire was in character and, as such, unavoidable (since she loved you and wanted to be with you forever), I as a player never wanted to be immortal. I never have and never will. But, I do wish we could have been married before the end at least. We had a strange relationship, to say the least. You were one of the most interesting characters I have ever met in this game through the many years I have been involved.

Ariaera- Though I strongly doubt you read this forum (since I'm pretty sure I know who your last character was), I will leave you a goodbye as well. Good job with the evolution of this character, I was afraid you would try to emulate Llauriele forever. And thank you for the interaction there at the end. I had fun, I hope you did too! I wish I could have seen the reaction after I actually deleted. I do hope it gave the right echo. I'd hate to think people just thought I quit out after plunging a dagger into my heart. hm...

Benvale- Though I saw little of you after I heroed, you were one of my best friends throughout my ranking process. You were fun to be with, even if your riddles were kind of easy.

Gwyythinniel- Now who are you going to get to cure the rot? You were fun on the few occasions we actually got to spend together. Take care of your old voice.

Javaco and Aldarri- I know Aldarri won't be able to read this, but I had fun with you two on your zany adventures. There were times like I felt I was turning into your personal archon, but most of thime it was pretty cool.

+++++ Enemies +++++

Um.... oh. I didn't have any.

+++++ Everyone else +++++

You can't imagine how many people I spoke to every day, and I can;t really remember most of the names right off the top of my head. So please reply to this post and I will try to write you back.

Well, that's it from me. I didn't log anything, not even my role (which was huge and extensive), so I won;t offer to post it. As far as I'm concerned, CF should be like theatre, existing only in the moment. I hope my moment left an impression. Goodbye!

Cynthia (Llauriele, Zanya, Mystrel, Pitti, Cassanna, etc.)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicLlauriele, Herald of Talia [View all] , Zanya (Guest), Fri 19-Sep-03 11:11 PM
Reply Hi Llauriele, Meladori, 24-Sep-03 05:52 PM, #45
Reply RE: Hi Llauriele, Llauriele (Guest), 24-Sep-03 10:59 PM, #46
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Isildur, 22-Sep-03 09:02 PM, #38
Reply Hehehe, Llauriele (Guest), 23-Sep-03 12:31 AM, #40
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Talia, 21-Sep-03 10:39 PM, #35
Reply Thank you!, Llauriele (Guest), 22-Sep-03 01:29 AM, #36
Reply Talia, Observer (Guest), 22-Sep-03 07:04 PM, #37
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Javaco (Guest), 21-Sep-03 09:42 AM, #32
Reply Yup, Llauriele (Guest), 21-Sep-03 02:24 PM, #33
     Reply RE: Yup, nepenthe, 21-Sep-03 08:07 PM, #34
Reply All I have to say.., Lorthieral (Guest), 20-Sep-03 07:35 PM, #30
Reply Ah yes, another I forgot to mention, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 08:09 PM, #31
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Straklaw, 20-Sep-03 04:52 PM, #26
Reply Orcs?, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 05:42 PM, #28
Reply thanks, Kertaki (Guest), 20-Sep-03 11:13 AM, #19
Reply No worries, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 03:07 PM, #25
Reply Wow..., Illademn (Guest), 20-Sep-03 10:00 AM, #18
Reply Another person I forgot to mention!, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:53 PM, #24
Reply A pity.., Gwy (Guest), 20-Sep-03 09:27 AM, #17
Reply The bard with the hard name, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:48 PM, #23
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, HappyORB (Guest), 20-Sep-03 05:13 AM, #14
Reply Long nails, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:43 PM, #22
Reply What?!, Benvale (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:36 AM, #11
Reply RE: What?!, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:41 PM, #21
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 20-Sep-03 01:35 AM, #8
Reply Amazing, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:16 AM, #10
Reply So let me get this..., Ocelevan (Guest), 20-Sep-03 03:21 AM, #12
     Reply RE: So let me get this..., Jhyrb (Guest), 20-Sep-03 05:14 AM, #15
     Reply Uh oh. Jhyrb's possessed by Vlad. (n/t), Valguarnera, 20-Sep-03 12:48 PM, #20
          Reply Heh., Jhyrb (Guest), 20-Sep-03 05:13 PM, #27
          Reply Your NT was a fib, and your post was NOT very huggy!, Vladamir, 20-Sep-03 05:55 PM, #29
     Reply RE: So let me get this..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 20-Sep-03 07:53 AM, #16
Reply Darn, Lariya (Guest), 20-Sep-03 12:58 AM, #7
Reply Ocelevan's other "old hag", Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 01:40 AM, #9
Reply Talk about big suprises, Ocelevan (Guest), 20-Sep-03 12:06 AM, #5
Reply Goodbye, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 12:27 AM, #6
Reply you little gnome buddy, natherin (Guest), 19-Sep-03 11:44 PM, #3
Reply Natherin!, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 12:01 AM, #4
Reply If it makes you feel any better, I was trying to get ev..., Urden_X (Guest), 19-Sep-03 11:28 PM, #1
     Reply Wow, Llauriele (Guest), 19-Sep-03 11:40 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Wow, Jhyrb (Guest), 20-Sep-03 04:55 AM, #13
               Reply Smash the glasses., Niv (Guest), 22-Sep-03 11:19 PM, #39
                    Reply RE: Smash the glasses., Jhyrb (Guest), 23-Sep-03 04:39 AM, #41
                         Reply Smash the glasses anyway., Nivek1, 23-Sep-03 01:40 PM, #42
                         Reply Are you sure?, Talia, 23-Sep-03 02:27 PM, #43
                              Reply RE: Are you sure?, Jhyrb (Guest), 24-Sep-03 05:10 PM, #44
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21295 Previous topic | Next topic