Subject: "Spirits blessings, goodbye" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #144345
Show all folders

FullmoonCatTue 21-Mar-23 11:48 AM
Member since 10th Jan 2023
154 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#144348, "Spirits blessings, goodbye"

This is the longest I have ever played a character. I told myself, as I always do, that I was going to age or con die this one. But also as always, I could not. I start to get itchy to try something new at about 200 hours. This time, I powered through for a while longer, but to be honest I nearly deleted twice. Both times I placed all of my gear in the Fortress chest and typed delete. The second time, I even typed the second delete but hadn't waited long enough. Then I picked my stuff back up and continued on.

I had one goal with this character, and that was to focus on PVP. Why choose an elf animist ranger to do that, you might ask? Because I have to also enjoy the character to bother playing at all. And I had what I thought was a very interesting idea that grabbed hold of my imagination for Nalaea. When I created the character. I was not sure if I wanted to try Outlander or go Fort again, and decided to let it happen organically. As a result, she ended up being a Maran, but an Outlander sympathizer. I thought this would eventually get me into hot water, but it never did. The worst that ever happened was a bit of a tongue-lashing from Mrawlf when he caught me talking to Ruka.

If you ever felt uncomfortable after an interaction with Nalaea, then mission accomplished. And based on the immortal comments on my PBF, it seemed mostly effective. Unfortunately, playing a character who is already a bit isolated due to being a ranger, and then isolates further due to RP stuff, was maybe not great for longevity. I felt like most people were just like, "Huh, what's going on with that character?" and then shrugged and moved along. And I can't blame them, really. Compare this one to my last character, Grungelglut, who was fun to interact with instead of just weird and it's no surprise.

Anyway.

Goodbyes:

Mrawlf - Are you the most underrated, under-rewarded character in the whole game? Yes! Consistent and awesome RP for the number of hours you have played... seriously impressive. I know I can't say much because the character is still active, but I feel like you need the appreciation you deserve. Give this guy a cabal edge or something. Sheesh. Bellassan's best buddy ended up being Nalaea's best buddy as well, in as much as Nalaea was capable of having a best buddy.

Tharlingon - I really enjoyed coming up with you in ranks and all the interaction and help you gave me. I can't tell you how much I appreciated you taking the time to help my newb ass. I felt bad when I got promoted to Maran before you, when you were CLEARLY so much more skilled than me. So I as happy when you got Marshall. Well deserved!

Grysaor - Always enjoyable interactions. You really seem to embody your role as Prophet, more than any other Fort leader I have encountered with any of my characters so far.

Lyeeth - You seem super interesting, but I avoided you for most of this character's life. We had an interaction early on that really made Nalaea avoid you and the Inn. But I really enjoyed what interactions we had, especially in the latter hours of this character's life.

Ruka - I really liked you, and always expected to get into trouble from talking to you. But I wanted to learn more about Outlander and the Ergush religion, since that was a major character goal, and you were the only source I had for that. So I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me, even though we should have been natural enemies. I don't know if you had an agenda there, but if so you slow played it too much, sucka!

I always forget people in these things, so I am sorry if I missed you. Gnobflink, you win your bet, you jerk.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nalaea Elan'thiannae the Dweller o... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 21-Mar-23 09:25 AM
Reply Spirits blessings, goodbye, FullmoonCat, 21-Mar-23 11:48 AM #2
Reply Well that stinks!, Lyeeth (Anonymous), 21-Mar-23 12:07 PM, #4
Reply RE: Well that stinks!, FullmoonCat, 21-Mar-23 12:15 PM, #5
Reply Fare ye well!, Grysaor (Anonymous), 21-Mar-23 04:12 PM, #6
Reply RE: Fare ye well!, FullmoonCat, 21-Mar-23 08:38 PM, #7
Reply RE: Spirits blessings, goodbye, Mrawlf (Anonymous), 22-Mar-23 02:00 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nalaea Elan'thiannae the Dwell..., Nazaggra (Anonymous), 21-Mar-23 11:03 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nalaea Elan'thiannae the Dwell..., FullmoonCat, 21-Mar-23 11:49 AM, #3
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #144345 Previous topic | Next topic