Subject: "RE: What do I say here?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142977
Show all folders

IshuliMon 23-May-22 08:38 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142984, "RE: What do I say here?"

Comments about the top bit -
When you go OOC like you did, you can get ROTD'ed for it. It doesn't disappear just because you half-delete then reactivate, or just because it has been a day or two. When we see stuff like that, we tend to ROTD and talk to you about it.

When you are in the ROTD, we are not ALWAYS available. We try to be, but many of us have jobs and work and we *always* try to get to you as promptly as we can. You might end up sitting in there a bit, but if you are - my suggestion wouldn't be to stare at the screen frantically for hours.

AFK there, glance back every so often, or log out and log back in later to check if someone is available.

"The question becomes did this situation make the game better? Did the handling create a more immersive experience for the playerbase? Is this way of handle the situation good for retention? "

I think this is a question you can ask yourself about going OOC as well. One act started a chain, and had you simply followed through it normally instead of reacting how you did, I think it could have had a substantially more reasonable outcome.

------

Character comments!

I liked Dichael, he was conflicted and fun. He was both research-intense focused, but at times distracted by things like camaraderie which Ishuli waves her hand dismissively at. We had lots of fun discussions I enjoyed quite a bit, particularly since at the start I didn't "get" your research. But once I snooped you and saw you examining spirits, talking with others, etc. - it clicked and I really liked it!

I'm sad Dichael ended the way he did, since I planned to tattoo you on Sunday and get your book published and all. I was excited for it!

I also had a few laughs at losing your title, or original preface, etc. it made me think of a scholar clumsily fumbling with papers shuffled up in the wrong order.

Swell times were had with Dichael.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dichael Smorin the Scholar of Spi... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 25-May-22 08:00 PM
Reply Eolixith: post deleted - don't out yourself. (nt), Umiron, 25-May-22 08:01 PM, #21
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dichael Smorin the Scholar of..., Thormmstein (Anonymous), 24-May-22 10:16 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dichael Smorin the Scholar of..., Blackstar, 25-May-22 02:48 PM, #20
Reply What do I say here?, Blackstar, 23-May-22 05:19 AM, #1
     Reply RE: What do I say here?, Jhyrbian, 23-May-22 05:45 AM, #2
     Reply The apology was a different issue., Blackstar, 23-May-22 01:13 PM, #7
          Reply RE: The apology was a different issue., Jhyrbian, 23-May-22 01:54 PM, #8
               Reply No it isn't., Blackstar, 23-May-22 03:12 PM, #9
                    Reply RE: No it isn't., Jhyrbian, 23-May-22 03:25 PM, #10
                         Reply Yea same to you brad., Blackstar, 23-May-22 04:01 PM, #11
     Reply you need, Dallevian, 23-May-22 08:03 AM, #3
     Reply RE: you need, Blackstar, 23-May-22 01:16 PM, #6
     Reply RE: What do I say here?, Ishuli, 23-May-22 08:38 AM #4
     Reply RE: What do I say here?, Blackstar, 23-May-22 01:05 PM, #5
          Reply test, Blackstar, 25-May-22 02:47 PM, #19
     Reply (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dichael Smorin the Scholar of Spi..., fancy, 23-May-22 06:56 PM, #12
     Reply It was intentional btw., Blackstar, 24-May-22 10:58 AM, #17
     Reply RE: What do I say here?, Azorinne, 24-May-22 06:26 AM, #13
     Reply Yea I was tired of the same same bs.,, Blackstar, 24-May-22 10:57 AM, #16
     Reply No way I'm reading all that. , Aztezul, 24-May-22 10:47 AM, #14
          Reply Lol calm down Rhyaldrin, Blackstar, 24-May-22 10:55 AM, #15
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142977 Previous topic | Next topic