Subject: "A few words." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142903
Show all folders

Dohri (Anonymous)Fri 13-May-22 08:52 AM
Charter member
#142917, "A few words."

I guess that I should start out by saying that this has been the best experience in cf that I have had to date. I have been playing off and on since the early 2000's and let me just say that this game has gotten so much better as far as culture and immersion. It
really is a shame that the numbers are what they are, but MUDs in general are a hard sell in this day and age. Anyway..on to Dohri.

Playing Dohri was a very cathartic experience for me. It is actually nice to be so unapologetically open with one's emotions and affections. I do not have that in real life so it was interesting to experience the emotions that came up from my interactions with everyone. I don't know if that sounds weird or sad but whatever.

Dohri started out as a throw-away character. I have always loved healers but I did not really know how fun playing one would be in the current state of cf. I looked at the wizlist and thought that Azorinne might be fun to follow. I arrogantly thought to myself ,"Well that seems easy. I'll just be nice to everyone and talk about mercy." Silly me. I had no idea how much depth the religion had to it and I was not prepared at all for the initial conversations. This is evidenced in the fact that it took me around 350 hours to understand the faith enough for a tattoo. It was hard for ME at least..

Dohri's origin story had some interesting ideas in it, I thought. The idea that mercy without judgment could actually be a horrible thing. The only problem is that it really didn't make sense for an elf. I don't think that elves would act like that but I did not really realize that until I was well into the character. Speaking of not being elf-like, Dohri was very much a human-in-an-elf suit. She wasn't haughty or proud and I don't think that she ever came off as being very intelligent or wise. I never really tried to push Dohri's behavior and RP in one way or another. I just kind of tried to
immerse myself in the world and let Dohri do what she would(if that makes any sense),so that bubbly, ditzy, giggling mess of an elf was what we all got. I don't really think that her role chapters did a very good job of mapping out character development. I think that last one was just a poem about Kytria if I remember correctly. So I kind of
just failed Dohri with my laziness as far as the roles went.

I really am quite sad about deleting, but I am going through certification courses with work that require my attention on top of a new-born so my time is far less than it used to be. There are also things with the character that I could not get around. No matter
how hard I tried, I could not think of any new projects to do. The newest round of character deletions didn't help either.(Dohri's friends dying was always hard). If I am going to play a leadership role then I feel like I need to put in the hours to earn it. More importantly, as a character that has Azorinne's tattoo, I thought that
I should be doing a lot more than I was so if I couldn't behave like a good priestess of Azorinne then I wasn't going to play the character. There is no point in holding on to something simply because it makes you sad to let it go or because you have a lot of time invested in it.

Before I talk about specific characters, I just wanted to say something about healers in general. I know that there is an idea among the player-base that healers are kind of lame and borderline griefy just by virtue of the class. I honestly don't think that is
totally off base. I don't know if the current CF really has a place for healers. It certainly doesn't seem to have a place for healers in cabals with superior numbers. I know that I may have ruined some people's times with some of the things that I did. I just wanted to say that I am sorry about that. Whenever I would show up to defend
against a lower level character or if you saw me following someone around to heal them while they where pking, that was because I felt that I had to do those things. If someone asks for help, I am going to go help them. Maybe there was a way for me to not do that, but I couldn't see it. I promise, I was never patting myself on the back when I did those things.

Azorinne - This is going to be hard for me to express how much our interactions meant. As I said before, I was arrogant at first and I had no idea how much I didn't know. Every time we would talk especially, our initial ones, I always walked away thinking ,"She probably thinks I'm such an idiot". And oh my god, the things that you would do (like the snowballs or planting the flowers). I never really had an Imm interact with me like that so when you would do that cool stuff, sometimes it would just go straight over my head. Talking with other people about their experiences with Imms made me realize how spoiled I was. "What do mean you've only seen your god once in your life?" or "You've never told your god that you love them?...huh" The fact that you were so willing to play with us made me want to do more and more. You clearly want to make CF a fun and wonderful experience (which you do!) which in turn made me want to reciprocate that to you and also to be like that for others. Let me just end by saying something that I tried to say every time that I came to pray :

Thank you for your love and trust..I try to earn it every day. Thank you for being you.

Baerinika - Sadly, we did not have many one on one interactions. The ones that we did have, I kind of got the feeling that I irritated you with Dohri's silly personality. Which is fine, of course. I think that if Acolytes are not making Maran roll their eyes, then they are not doing their jobs properly anyway. I just wish that I could have dreamed up more reasons to come and see you. Thank you so much for all the things that you did/do behind the scenes for us.

Rarywey - I loved our interactions (the few that we had). Thank you so much for helping me with that party!

Thank you to the Imm staff in general that do so much for so little to make this game possible.

Had a lot of interactions with people over the course of Dohri's life. I'd rather not list people and risk leaving someone out. If anyone would like to post, I'll reply. Regardless, thank you all for such a wonderful time!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dohri Huta-Fea the Demure Devotee ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 12-May-22 01:40 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dohri Huta-Fea the Demure Devo..., Tilea (Anonymous), 27-May-22 02:08 AM, #17
Reply A few words., Dohri (Anonymous), 13-May-22 08:52 AM #3
Reply RE: A few words., Shakiniel (Anonymous), 13-May-22 09:24 AM, #4
Reply RE: A few words., Dohri (Anonymous), 13-May-22 11:53 AM, #7
Reply RE: A few words., Thormmstein (Anonymous), 13-May-22 10:27 AM, #5
Reply RE: A few words., Dohri (Anonymous), 13-May-22 12:03 PM, #8
Reply RE: A few words., Delkinen Windsinger (Anonymous), 13-May-22 11:41 AM, #6
Reply RE: A few words., Dohri (Anonymous), 13-May-22 12:09 PM, #9
Reply Will miss your presence, Ash (Anonymous), 13-May-22 01:41 PM, #11
Reply RE: A few words., Azorinne, 13-May-22 07:03 PM, #12
Reply RE: A few words., Carreana (Anonymous), 13-May-22 07:42 PM, #13
Reply RE: A few words., Tika (Anonymous), 19-May-22 12:13 AM, #14
Reply RE: A few words., Dichael (Anonymous), 19-May-22 01:02 PM, #15
Reply RE: A few words., Ithyssraya & Kytria (Anonymous), 21-May-22 12:04 PM, #16
Reply Responsible for my most fun in CF ever, Atrissa (Anonymous), 12-May-22 02:37 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dohri Huta-Fea the Demure Devo..., Rolen (Anonymous), 12-May-22 01:51 PM, #1
     Reply Oh Rolen., Dohri (Anonymous), 13-May-22 12:19 PM, #10
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142903 Previous topic | Next topic