Subject: "RE: Not a whole lot to say." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6272
Show all folders

Random ThinkerSat 04-May-02 08:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6280, "RE: Not a whole lot to say."

I don't play much anymore, and I rarely ever post. But I still read the forums and I still talk with people who play, so I'd heard about 'this guy trying to rebuild the Empire.' I was excited, to be honest. I'd had it as a long-term goal of a character in several roles that never came to fruition (you should see all the never-used roles I have lying around), but I'd never gone about it in the same way you did. I hoped you'd succeed, but I was fairly sure you wouldn't, if only because CF can't totally support the current number of cabals, much less one more.

That's just for background to show that I was generally on your side. Now some critique.

>I wanted to be a villager at first
Have consistency in a character. By level 10 at the latest, your character should be etched in stone. Consistency is going to be a big theme in this post.

>So hey, let's try and
>rebuild Empire!
Great. But stick with your idea.

>It's quite obvious that no one wants Empire back but the
>players. The day I sent that note, I had more enemies than
>anyone I've ever had.
This is just a side-comment on a contradictory statement.

>I drop it in hopes of surviving a bit, since
>literally, my whole pk range for about 75% of my life wanted
>me dead.
Tsk tsk. You're aiming to be an Emperor. Emperor's don't suddenly "drop it" just because it's not going well. It's small wonder you didn't get immortal response if you aren't consistent with something as HUGE as rebuilding a cabal.

>I had tried praying to Llorenthos, then
>Agathocles, then Zulghinlour, then Saraba (I had a little
>run of "##### the world" in me), and he was asking me to
>pray to Mynawk - I had been the bastard child who no one
>wanted to deal with since day 1, it wasn't going to change.
>Llor believed in the gods, but at that point, truly hated
>them all.
Here we go again. First off, Llorenthos was never a god (to my knowledge, I could be wrong). Agathocles is very clearly dead and Mynawk. Zulghinlour "sold the Empire out" to Scion, for lack of a better phrase. Saraba -- wtf? This is where things really get weird. I see all too much of running back to what you "know" when you get your ass beat at the new stuff. Saraba and the Empire are so diametrically opposed that I can't imagine the immortals doing anything but shaking their heads at that. With Mynawk, we continue on this awkard tangent of making a new goal that's completely the opposite of our old goal. Ah yes, I definitely see the connection between 'hating the structures of society' and 'wanting to rebuild the Empire.'

If this is ridiculously harsh and makes you cry, well, sorry, but you shouldn't be crying over a game. Hopefully this will help. That's its intention.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Llor the Weaponsmaster [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 04-May-02 07:21 PM
Reply Not a whole lot to say., Llor (Guest), 04-May-02 07:46 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Not a whole lot to say., Krivohan, 04-May-02 08:03 PM, #2
     Reply Funny thing is..., Llor (Guest), 04-May-02 09:46 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Not a whole lot to say., Dullameh, 04-May-02 08:08 PM, #3
     Reply Everyone was cheering me on..., Llor (Guest), 04-May-02 09:47 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Not a whole lot to say., Random Thinker, 04-May-02 08:53 PM #4
     Reply I shouldn't reply but..., Llor (Guest), 04-May-02 09:52 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Not a whole lot to say., DwE. (Guest), 04-May-02 10:03 PM, #8
     Reply I don't really feel like replying, Yekirat (Guest), 04-May-02 11:55 PM, #9
     Reply I have to reply to this..., Llor (Guest), 05-May-02 12:13 AM, #10
          Reply Yah, except no, Yekirat (Guest), 05-May-02 11:53 AM, #13
     Reply making enemies, Avastin (Guest), 05-May-02 01:36 AM, #11
     Reply cult of the GWB, Scarabaeus, 05-May-02 06:55 AM, #12
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6272 Previous topic | Next topic