Subject: "RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6152
Show all folders

Constance (Guest)Thu 02-May-02 03:15 AM

#6166, "RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!"

I've heard a lot of people say they hate Tribunals, and I honestly don't see why. One half complains because we're not omnipotent gods that have the authority, power, and knowledge to see all crimes, and the other half complains if we see crimes at all. Magistrates actually have appropriately limited power, and outside the confines of two areas on the entire MUD, they are essentially caballess. I find Tribunal to be a vast improvement over the old Arbiter cabal from both ends of the spectrum; strong enough to deal with criminals in certain situations, but limited enough to both allow crimes to be gotten away with, and to give members of the cabal a little 'breathing space' and solid IC reasons not to get involved in every single in-city skirmish.

I was disappointed to see you delete over that fight. And surprised - I always thought of battleragers, and battlerager players, as those who should be a bit more detatched about their lives and their items.

Mind you, you were wanted, poked your head into Tar Valon, yelled asking if we'd seen any mages, and then stood two steps outside the city. IC, a pretty gutsy way to say "I don't give a crap about the law!" So Aiakalymn and I, who were sitting in Tar Valon and chatting, went after you, not entirely prepared, outside the city, with no aid from our Tribunal powers. Heck, on rager terms even - neither one of us so much as quaffed a potion.

Anyways, I wouldn't call that a "cheap and shitty" death. Pretty much provoked by Grubbin's actions and words, and it took us a long time to take you down. Believe me, me trying to take down a neutral battlerager of your strength alone as what was effectively a caballess paladin of dubious playerkilling skills would have been next to impossible. Not that I wouldn't have tried it if Aiakalymn hadn't been there, mind you, *grin* but still, I'm just saying I'd hardly call that fight cheap and shitty. You had several occasions to flee, which you used to try to separate us with drive, something we were both scratching our heads about long after you were gone. (And I'm not someone that usually sits around scratching my head over tactics).

Anyways, I just wanted to comment, because the rage suicide, the name-calling before it, and then calling the fight "cheap and shitty" here, well, I couldn't bite my tongue. I do wish you well with your next character, but my advice would be to try to detatch yourself a little. It's a lot more fun when you do. Actually I always thought battle players *had* to have a detatched attitude in order to have fun in the cabal because of the nature of the restrictions, and the number of them that con-die. Again, I was really surprised to see your reaction.

Good luck...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Grubbin T'Bleezik the Edge of War, Drillmaster o... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 01-May-02 03:39 PM
Reply Grubbin, ORB, 02-May-02 09:34 AM, #14
Reply Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Grubbin (Guest), 02-May-02 01:35 AM, #3
Reply RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Swirzza (Guest), 02-May-02 02:05 AM, #4
Reply RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Constance (Guest), 02-May-02 03:15 AM #5
Reply RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Grubbin (Guest), 02-May-02 04:06 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Constance (Guest), 02-May-02 06:06 AM, #7
     Reply Personally, ArChaos, 02-May-02 07:00 AM, #12
     Reply one the other side of the coins, incognito, 02-May-02 06:19 AM, #10
          Reply RE: one the other side of the coins, ArChaos, 02-May-02 06:53 AM, #11
               Reply for me, incognito, 02-May-02 10:22 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: for me, ArChaos, 02-May-02 11:39 AM, #18
                         Reply that is not quite my point, incognito, 03-May-02 05:29 AM, #22
                              Reply RE: that is not quite my point, Grubbin (Guest), 03-May-02 06:31 AM, #23
Reply RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Ooqogar (Guest), 02-May-02 06:06 AM, #8
Reply You knucklehead, Intronan, 02-May-02 06:08 AM, #9
Reply RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Thralkoz, 02-May-02 07:19 AM, #13
Reply Told you so., Xanthrailles, 02-May-02 10:08 AM, #15
Reply RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Nydeikon (Guest), 02-May-02 10:57 AM, #17
Reply Bah, Vahlen, 02-May-02 12:03 PM, #19
Reply RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Vomalice (Guest), 02-May-02 01:08 PM, #20
Reply RE: Die Gibbeth Hokit!, Minyar, 02-May-02 02:32 PM, #21
Reply Bloody 'ell!, HammerSong, 03-May-02 11:55 AM, #24
     Reply A question for you, Thror., Solomon (Guest), 03-May-02 12:10 PM, #25
          Reply RE: A question for you, Thror., HammerSong, 03-May-02 12:29 PM, #26
Reply but why?, Eidoran (Guest), 01-May-02 11:20 PM, #2
Reply Gah!, DwE. (Guest), 01-May-02 08:24 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6152 Previous topic | Next topic