Subject: "What a ride." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6081
Show all folders

Dahlisyn (Guest)Mon 29-Apr-02 10:41 PM

#6082, "What a ride."

It's been a blast. Unfortunately, as I said in Mesharrah's thread, work and real life and other such responsibilities have been eating away at my time. I knew there was going to be a point with an upcoming trip that I'd have to delete or face autodeleting, and knowing that really sapped a lot of my will to play.

So, farewells:

Scions:

Many many people, yet only a few I got to know well. Too busy with other things, I suppose.

Dullameh - Nicely done. You and I seemed to work together very well, and agreed on almost everything. In some ways that was bad, and I felt like I just blended into your shadow - nevermind the fact that there was no way anyone would ever see me as a major threat when they were too busy being preoccupied with you. But that's life

Rhowyn - Someone else who's probably overlooked because of the larger than life shadow cast by Dullameh, but maybe that will work to your advantage. I liked you, and wished we could've worked together more. I really wanted to spend some time exploring NI with you. Anyway, best of luck in lichquesting, and everything beyond that. I was half tempted to give you my etched pendants at the end there, but it just wouldn't have been in character for Dahlisyn.

Krivohan - A solid guy, I was glad to see you made Chancellor, you seem to have been working very hard for it. We also worked well together, with all the item gathering we did. It would have been great to keep going with all the quest and exploratory threads we had going, especially within the Chancellery. Maybe in the next character lifetime.

Jhamas - You were pretty tough yourself. I said a bit in your farewell, but I'll mention you again since you were the other part of what I felt was the four way grouping of you, me, Dullameh, and Krivohan, one from each guild. I figured you too would have become Chancellor, in time, but I guess Valguarnera is a bit absentminded (For example, I still never had the scion leader power, either that or Krivohan got one and I didn't, for reasons unknown to me. Not that I needed it, I was tough enough without it).

Warlocks:
You were annoying, in a good way. Counterspell is tough to fight through, though none of you were able to kill me one on one. I always wondered about Daurwyn, but he seems to have poofed - it would've been an interesting fight. Warlock Invokers were a serious pain, though in reality it was more that there was a ton of them, and when they shielded up a group, I was rendered next to useless without a group of my own. On the whole, good job.

Battle:
I look fondly on Battle in some ways, since it was the first cabal I was ever leader for. Almost all of my interactions with Battle as Dahlisyn were fighting, and I'll post two of the 'cool' logs of fights (I only save logs that really stick out in my mind as being unusual or special) here.

Tobeldest - Grr. Getting killed by you was a good reminder to me to finish up my shield spamming.

For the most part though, it broke down like this:

Berserkers - 0wn3d j00.

Scouts - Like trying to pk a brick wall. Very annoying, but not quite enough of a threat, since there were almost no thieves or assassins, Battle is almost entirely warriors now, which boggles me.

Berserker Warriors aren't the Invoker killers, nor should they expect to be, especially against a smart tough invoker like me, who knows how to manage preps.

I will however comment on the whole shitstorm in Thror's forum though, since I was the person (or one of them) that prayed about the logon, because from my point of view, it went like this:

-Dullameh, me, two other scion heros on, plus lowbies, vs Rekuch, we've got the head.

-Dullameh quits.

-Within ten to fifteen minutes, the other scions are gone, and four Battle heroes have shown up.

Sorry, but stuff like that raises a red flag in my mind, and apparently the Imms agreed.

Sylvan:

Boldereth - You were full of yourself. Get over it. Also, sitting at 41 is pathetic. I've been a mid level leader myself, as a Rager Warrior, and had to rank up, so you get zero sympathy from me. Grow a pair next time, is my acerbic advice. }>

Siacla - Pretty much said it all in your goodbye thread. You were alright, and I felt bad having to fight/kill you.

Targaryen - You're not even half as good as me. Be a Sylvan for a change, and not a gear whore, is my advice. }>

Nexus:

Nydeikon - Never got a lot of chances to work with you, though I meant to. Don't think we ever fought in the war, or if we did, it was only in a massive group fight.

Sporial - Already mentioned in your own goodbye.

Herald:

Dahlisyn fully agreed with the idea of leaving Heralds alone, and never once fought in the Inn (with the exception of other people attacking me). Unfortunately, Scion Life left me without much free time to just hang around the Inn and chat once I hero'd. Winning the costume contest was great (Dahlisyn went as a Red Ajah Aes Sedai, which fit her personality quite well). Didn't know any of you all that well. Jashere, hope you enjoyed that gear - it was from a kill, and I figured I was better served by having someone from Herald, who could be of use to me/Scion, get the gear, rather than it being repopped later by a Rager/Warder/etc, since no Felar Scions were on.
Avmenseur, I probably should've just wasted you that one time, and I was tempted to, but I also felt bad for you since I'd already come across the corpse of you that Lohrn had left in the Bar not ten minutes before.

Entropy:

Acallsho - You came after me one time, and I promptly dissuaded you from ever doing that again. (At least that's how I liked to think about it) }>

Scarab:

Who? Do you guys even exist anymore? I really could've used some anti-good help at times, and having another Evil group around would've been nice in general. I'd have rather had Scion as more like Evil-Master with Shadow flavorings, rather than ScionEvil vs the World. I've been a Scarab, they're cool. C'mon, people, roll one up sometime!

Some thoughts on other things:

Wands. Most of my wands I found via totally IC methods, from other players or from exploring/being lucky, during this character's lifetime. I hadn't played a mage past 30 since before the wand changes, and was dreading it, but it wasn't bad at all.

Invokers: I rolled up maybe a week before the Affinity change, and thought about starting over, but I already had too many spells perfected to want to start over. The wonderful thing about an invoker is you never want to delete, because all that work would be wasted. As it is, I nearly finished all 7 paths (with default/old affinity of 5s). I was only missing Immolation (Fireshield 92%) and Improved Invis (Vortex 80something), which I could've easily had, but I just never found the time to drop a few more hours into practicing. That being said, next time around I'd probably just do 5 or 6, with higher affinity. One more thing: Ooze rocks.

Balance:
Sometimes CF is like Rock, Paper, Scissors. There's stuff you are good against, stuff you aren't any better than anyone else against, and stuff that you suck against. What's what, depends on your race/class/cabal, but remember that everyone has their bane, except maybe a smart lich, but that's another debate. The truly l33t are those who are good enough to not only not die against their bane, but to hold their own or even kill the guy. If you think something is overpowered, try playing it, you may find that while it's the Paper to your Rock, someone else's Scissors will cut the living ##### out of it.

On with the logs:

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Dahlisyn Maliereth, High Chancellor of the Great... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 29-Apr-02 09:51 PM
Reply What a ride., Dahlisyn (Guest), 29-Apr-02 10:41 PM #2
Reply Grease saves my butt:, Dahlisyn (Guest), 29-Apr-02 10:45 PM, #3
Reply RE: Grease saves my butt:, ORB, 29-Apr-02 11:30 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Grease saves my butt:, Dahlisyn (Guest), 29-Apr-02 11:40 PM, #7
Reply Beating a Rager at his own game., Dahlisyn (Guest), 29-Apr-02 10:49 PM, #4
Reply One more thing, Dahlisyn (Guest), 29-Apr-02 10:58 PM, #5
Reply RE: What a ride., Death_Claw, 29-Apr-02 11:45 PM, #8
Reply RE: What a ride., Dahlisyn (Guest), 29-Apr-02 11:50 PM, #9
     Reply RE: What a ride., Death_Claw, 30-Apr-02 03:17 PM, #15
Reply doh!, Nydeikon (Guest), 30-Apr-02 12:26 AM, #10
Reply RE: What a ride., Krivohan, 30-Apr-02 06:21 AM, #11
Reply More forgotten things..., Dahlisyn (Guest), 30-Apr-02 07:27 AM, #12
Reply hey thanks for remberin me, Tylinn (Guest), 30-Apr-02 09:23 AM, #13
Reply RE: What a ride., Eleke (Guest), 30-Apr-02 11:18 AM, #14
Reply RE: What a ride., Dullameh, 02-May-02 01:16 PM, #16
Reply Until the next, Rhowyn (Guest), 29-Apr-02 09:53 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6081 Previous topic | Next topic