Subject: "mixed feelings ic. ooc you did fine" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25939
Show all folders

Baendraa (Guest)Fri 02-Apr-04 09:03 AM

#25941, "mixed feelings ic. ooc you did fine"

Ooc, I had no problem with you. I even sympathise with you flagging another trib when they committed a crime (although, as has been pointed out to you, that's not your right). I can see why a paladin might jump the gun in such a situation though so it isn't necessarily bad role-play even if you knew.

IC, I had mixed feelings. On one hand, I didn't feel the distate for you that I felt for most of your guild, because you didn't run around like a fanatic (from Baendra's pov). I almost had some time for you because you listened to what Baendra said and took it on board before making your decisions. Even if I didn't agree with them, the fact you considered what she said first was a brownie point for you.

However, on the bad side, I felt like some of the calls you made had brought the spire into disrepute. Granted, the scions may have been lying, but I'd dealt with some of those scions in the past and they didn't renege on their word in our dealings even when they could have. One case I'm thinking of is where two invokers were with a criminal, and you can't be certain which one shielded the criminal but placed a flag anyway. And your first letter to the spire did not ingratiate yourself to me, because you implicitly criticised the leadership of a necromancer in a way that reflected on all necromancers.

It may seem odd, but I also saw Daemar as a weak leader despite some of the "rash" decisions. I suppose it is less unexpected when you consider that you are one of the Kara-chal, though I didn't realise this until very late in your life. That's why I mention it as an ic criticism rather than an ooc one. A necromancer viewing a Kara-chal as weak is perhaps to be expected. Baendra, however, was pushing to have someone stronger take the helm.

Overall, I thought Daemar was a good character. However, you did pick some bad times to slip up.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 02-Apr-04 03:16 AM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast, Daemar (Guest), 03-Apr-04 03:29 PM, #6
Reply I get the impression from reading this, Baendraa (Guest), 03-Apr-04 04:56 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast, Delrami (Guest), 03-Apr-04 08:58 PM, #8
Reply Thanks for your help!, Audriel (Guest), 03-Apr-04 11:31 PM, #9
Reply Some pointless rantings about Daemar, Crastian (Guest), 04-Apr-04 03:07 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast, Sastine (Guest), 04-Apr-04 10:48 AM, #11
Reply I'm glad I was there to help out for your Empowerment., Methos (Guest), 04-Apr-04 09:04 PM, #12
Reply Ah Daemar, what is there to say?, Drothan (Guest), 03-Apr-04 03:07 PM, #5
Reply You have no idea how much you char pissed me off txt, Delromsin (Guest), 03-Apr-04 06:21 AM, #4
Reply I demand that be unfortunate!, Optomkiptum (Guest), 02-Apr-04 11:01 AM, #3
Reply mixed feelings ic. ooc you did fine, Baendraa (Guest), 02-Apr-04 09:03 AM #2
Reply Im glad you finally deleted, Thorogarn (Guest), 02-Apr-04 08:17 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25939 Previous topic | Next topic