Subject: "Bizzar occourances. A very weird character." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25877
Show all folders

Karsus (Guest)Thu 01-Apr-04 08:23 PM

#25931, "Bizzar occourances. A very weird character."

Well what can I say, this character was both a blessing and a bane. His rp was probably the most fun i've had in ages, Imm interaction and age quests were a bonus also.

Karsus as a character was a twisted malevolent character, the only way you could ever rely on him was in the soul cause of trying to "better" the village. His methods were weird and wonderfull. A few times I had newbie ragers trying to tell me the old school rager "how it was". It was as much fun pushing the limitations of that rp because it forced a few ragers who might not of otherwise stand out hugely.

With the dozens of ragers that I've had prior this has probably been the first rager i've had that has not been capable of pking......like ever.

I had been working closely with immortals in reguards to totaly blantent nonfunctioning skills. Not due to their lack of effort (far from it, infact I was bloody impressed with their effort and assistance) I eventually decided to throw in the towel, but not after chewing up 20 con and waiting for two months to see if they could find what the problem was, or rather the cause of the bizzar occourances that Karsus encountered time and time.

Karsus , tho having basically 100% in all his skills was totaly unable to pk to save his life. With fail rates of most skills well into the 60-90% mark (have a few logs of failing dirt 20 - 40 times in a row, vital, charge, chop, stun, pummel, entrap also)proving a hinderance it was the total inability for karsus to parry/distance in pk. Karsus was just a meat shield plain and simple, any pks I won I won purely because I outdamaged/lasted the opponent. Unable to parry or distance any players (even necromancers/invokers/shifters(out of form)) made life very difficult.. It also ment I basically had to run from any pk that I wasnt going to win damage wise.

BATTLE:

Ordasen, I woulda loved to stick it out and die of con loss, but I could bare the torture of not parrying or distancing during pks for shizt. Karsus dodged more than he distanced and parried (dodged with 600 pounds of equipment). You've re-kindled my lust for ragers, I see a few old school aspects that you are trying to bring back to the village - Very cool. PS: Thanks for seeking me out to get inducted back into battle for the 3rd time. That made me feel really good knowing that a imm sought me out

Jinroh, Karsus's 4th commander but probably the only one that I think accepted karsus for what he was. You understood that karsus used betrayal and deception as a tool of war, you also understood that there was huge uncertainty/risk associtated with such a character. I seemed to raise your awareness in reguards to such tactics being employed on the village, which was intended. At first I was uncertain you were the right choice , but after a week went by and you kept on slugging it out I was stoked to finally see a dedicated hardcore rager!

Krodren, You were probably the last greate friend of karsus rp wise, you reminded me of a few first age players with your tactics - which had me laughing at times. Rp wise I really wanted to make a last ditch push for making some kewl stuff happen between us. But with the poor preformance of karsus as a character skill wise I just couldnt pull that off.

Grogrim, Thanks for inducting me back into battle the... 2nd time hehe. I rarely caught up with you after that, I really wanted to drill you for tactics reguarding you when you were mortal - cause nothing I was doing seemed to work hehehe.

The Arsenal of current/recycled/old ragers that knew karsus. Well where do I begin, thanks for the yeti hides , the kickarse polearms - pitty they went as fast as they came hehe. I hope that I can "recycle" my way back into battle with a character that can actually expect his skills to work more than 3 in 10 hehe. Being able to parry I think will be a huge step forward

To Immortals in general: I think that people are crazy when they say you guys do nothing, and when you do something you screw it up. I asked bluntly if you could help and you were eager to jump in and try and help. I only wish the problem was easier to find/resolve. Sev, SUPER THANKS TO YOU! Time and time again you kept me from doing stupid ####, kinda like that friend that pulls you out of your own pile of vomit . Most people up and deleted within a few days of intolerance.. I thought after two months worth that It was time to just reroll another character. Zulg Thanks for all your help early on in the situation. All the other immortals running the Mushroom Express to ROD & MK SQ thanks bunch for listening and complying with my requests.

PS:
Skills that need to be looked at:

Warcry: This has been around for years and still never ever improves, Out of a good 50 warriors not one of them has ever perfected warcry... ever, its far from a "elite" skill, perhaps increasing its improve rate ???

Ironhands: I spent insane time fighting highlevel mobs whilst exploring and dying often, ironhands never perfected. I even sat scruff pking for 12 hours straight on a weekend once trying to get ironhands perfected. Those last %'s are just impossible.

Pummel: Similar to above. Only way your going to perfect this is if you have a healer/tranny buffing you so you can fight mobs 40levels higher.

Chop: Even tho it failed a butload like many other of karsus skills, according and what I saw of other polearm specs, this skill misses way to often. Its the only damage skill polearm gets and it misses dam often, perhaps even allow it to start combat also ? Annoying when You have to start pks with murder because you've no skills to hit a partially hurt target.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [BATTLE] Karsus the Master of Bronze [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 30-Mar-04 10:28 PM
Reply Bizzar occourances. A very weird character., Karsus (Guest), 01-Apr-04 08:23 PM #1
     Reply I enjoyed some of the schemes you had going., Jinroh (Guest), 02-Apr-04 09:05 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Bizzar occourances. A very weird character., Jaalek (Guest), 02-Apr-04 10:55 PM, #3
          Reply Ditto. (nt), Vex (Guest), 03-Apr-04 12:58 AM, #4
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25877 Previous topic | Next topic