Subject: "UGH!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21764
Show all folders

Gamaliel (Guest)Sat 18-Oct-03 01:35 AM

#21765, "UGH!"

How much of a ####bag does someone have to be to delete a rank 40 squire human ranger with a half-decent role and such??

Fairly big, I'm thinking.

I just got really bored with playing this role. it was hard to stay in character because the character was so far off from what I like to believe I am....

sometimes it's not hard for me to rp someone way off from what I am...as I can see what he/she would do in a given situation...but for some reason it became increasingly hard for me to see a consistency in her actions and reactions to situations. It even got to the point where I could come up to situations where I honestly did not know how "gamaliel" would react....then I would wing it...and later think to myself...wow I didn't handle that like Gamaliel at all.

Add on top of that the whole dieing so often that my time spent requesting replacement gear, not to mention the hundreds of hours fighting at the maran (civilized) against a damned shaman or ap I could do nothing against had lost me fast waylay....and was on the way to losing me fast camo...and the char was doomed.

OOC,
I'm sad that I didn't know the fortress was closed to squires until a month after I applied mid 20's and had ranked into my thirties....I never saw the scroll....I guess it had dissapeared before I rolled up.

I really kicked myself often for continueing to rank past the mid 20's while not in the fortress...because I figured that with my utter lack of any pk skill in the hero ranges, I would have to make a big impression as a young squire in order to have a shot at making full maran....but by the time I was inducted as a squire I was already entering the ranks where I was having troubles killing solo pks...let alone the groups I used to wade into and beat up mid 20's.

Ooc, I never really thought that as a squire I was worthy of becoming a maran...so that probably became a self-fullfilling prophesy by leading me to not go out of my way as much to try to prove my worth....cause deep down I didn't think I deserved it anyway.

Jirash, Lariya, Wootie, the healer posse...

Loved interacting with you, and will really miss that in the future....but especially with Jirash...I found me the player wanting to interact with you guys on a level that gamaliel would not have been comfortable with...and that clash between what I wanted, and what gamaliel would have wanted, just grew to be too much.

Rogardian. Thanks for being around all those times, you are the only fortress imm I ever saw, and while we never talked all that much, I did appreciate your presance, and that one time you moderated that discussion we squires were having on the nature of should we kill good and neutral sylvans who declare that all Marans need to die "because marans fight evil". I felt I was losing that discussion before you stepped in and seemed to back my position.

Tyo...something...always forgot how to spell your name...... you might not be the most deathful maran out there, cause I really didn't see many of the higher maran out on hunting runs....

But to see a warrior letting the cabal know over cb about your kills at HERO as often as a mid 20's ranger was able to find and kill people....was awe inspiring. I hope to one day be half as competitive in a fight at hero with a warrior class as you seemed to be. I can do it with invokers and shifters easily enough...but the whole pk skill at hero with a fighting class thing is just ....well...I guess Jimmy buffet said it best ..."It was so simple like the boogaloo.....it plum evaded me."

To that shaman, and one of those ap's that I faught (been a couple of weeks, don't remember names), Damn you and your NEVER failing to land a damned blind. I know for a fact that I dropped over a million at healers just healing blindness and healing plague and poison from fighting you two. And another half million easy buying various "heal blindness" or "heal plague" or "heal poison" pills/potions/scrolls from all over thera....all of which worked a combined total of Zero times.

The other 90 ap's that were about just didn't seem to get it like you two did.

I think I will post a log of the high-point of gamaliel's life.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gamaliel the Ranger Lady [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 18-Oct-03 01:04 AM
Reply UGH!, Gamaliel (Guest), 18-Oct-03 01:35 AM #1
     Reply Favorite moment., gamaliel (Guest), 18-Oct-03 01:47 AM, #2
     Reply role, for those curious why I was a bitch., gamaliel (Guest), 18-Oct-03 01:53 AM, #3
     Reply RE: UGH!, Halaquith (Guest), 18-Oct-03 05:19 AM, #4
     Reply It stops HERE AND NOW!, Urden_X (Guest), 18-Oct-03 12:41 PM, #5
     Reply interesting., Gamaliel (Guest), 18-Oct-03 06:34 PM, #6
     Reply RE: UGH!, Jirash (Guest), 20-Oct-03 08:24 AM, #7
     Reply RE: UGH!, Rogardian, 20-Oct-03 09:32 AM, #8
          Reply It's "caught" :P n/t, Jirash (Guest), 20-Oct-03 11:05 AM, #9
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21764 Previous topic | Next topic