Subject: "It was fun for a while..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13308
Show all folders

Rodonar (Guest)Mon 23-Dec-02 04:21 PM

#13309, "It was fun for a while..."

But in the end my days were becoming a routine of "do some reequipping, maybe some raiding, die to 3+ bashing/tripping Scions/Nexites. I had intended to play through to condeath, but I was down to 11 con and finding I was getting more pissed both with the dying and with myself for often dying in very stupid ways. Had I known half a dozen ragers would delete right after I got 48th, I would have picked something that would help against gangs for my second legacy. As it was, I had Autumn Harvest and Balance of the Sisters, but they were both of limited use when I was bashed and tripped too much to move. 80% of the time near the end, I was the lone rager in hero range. I kept trying, but I felt I was having trouble holding character, and it just wasn't working. I'm amazed my pk ratio is over 50%.

This is the first rager I've played since Thror was mortal leader, and the first whip/flail spec I've played, though I've played a bunch of warriors before. Though mace is a more safe spec, I wanted to play it as more of a flail spec, and teach myself more about how it's best used, or avoided. This also means I hadn't played a scout before. I really enjoyed it, when I wasn't being ganged. When I was, I really wished I was a berserker, so at least I could hope for a few deathblows to go off, or even a defender so when I did slip away, I could heal myself a bit and not die to bleeding and such things.

Among others, I played Sporial, Brotmin and Phinitz before this. This character didn't have as complex a role as Sporial or Phinitz, and in fact didn't have a written role, but that isn't to say he didn't have a personality and a role I played in him.

On to the farewells... if I forget you, my apologies, it's not intentional.

Immortals:

Intronan: Was interesting finding out a few things from you, not that you seemed to pay much attention to me.

I rarely heard almost from the rest of you, but I suppose not writing down a role gets that, these days.

Warlock:

Zacerzan: Those punches freakin hurt... good fights, in general, though.

Delmuio: You showed some guts, though I don't believe you ever got me.

Talfos: Some good tries at fights, though unless they were in the Village, neither of us was in any real danger most times.

Nexus:

Lurdonis: Had plenty of good fights with you, hated when you got Fist, but even so I usually handled you.

Bourndich: That one ambush on the eastern was painful, but well done.

Faerk: I hate blackjack.

Mernon: Some good fights.

Entropy:

Talin: Damn, you were annoying, jumping in on a few fights to slaughter me. Well done anyhow, though.

Scion:

Lar: You seem like a damn good fighter from the few fights we had. Keep it up.

Kratilaire: Your taunting got annoying, but you did teach me a few tricks of quicksand that aren't likely to catch me again. Damn, I hate quicksand.

Battle:

Grogim: I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just usually on at times I'm not. I almost never saw you, and considering how much I played, that was very annoying. I had an applicant pledged for something like a month, and he barely got a word from you.

Drahk: Congrats on getting Captain, you deserve it. Well played and courageous... and flippin beastly.

Koaeb: Good to have you back in, after you working a long time at it. Cloud giant mana makes being a defender hard, but it was still great having you around, both for your powers and your courage.

Anyone who wants to can email at tralish@yahoo.com

Happy holidays to all.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Rodonar the General [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 22-Dec-02 11:25 AM
Reply It was fun for a while..., Rodonar (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:21 PM #10
Reply RE: It was fun for a while..., Bourndich (Guest), 23-Dec-02 05:13 PM, #18
Reply RE: It was fun for a while..., Intronan, 23-Dec-02 05:28 PM, #19
Reply Thanks..., Koaeb (Guest), 23-Dec-02 05:50 PM, #20
Reply RE: It was fun for a while..., Lurdonis (Guest), 23-Dec-02 07:42 PM, #21
Reply Little bastard svirf, Kragnar (Guest), 23-Dec-02 08:40 PM, #22
Reply RE: It was fun for a while..., Talin (Guest), 29-Dec-02 11:53 AM, #23
Reply RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General, Namuzi (Guest), 23-Dec-02 08:12 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General, Rodonar (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:31 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General, Rustanviel (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:23 AM, #8
Reply The village must have caught West Nile..., Kierning (Guest), 22-Dec-02 08:26 PM, #7
Reply RE: The village must have caught West Nile..., Rodonar (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:27 PM, #14
     Reply RE: The village must have caught West Nile..., Assassin (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:54 PM, #17
Reply What the? Why ragers all delete?!? (Not that I don't mi..., Vortigern (Guest), 22-Dec-02 05:12 PM, #5
Reply RE: What the? Why ragers all delete?!? (Not that I don'..., Blasd (Guest), 22-Dec-02 05:30 PM, #6
Reply RE: What the? Why ragers all delete?!? (Not that I don'..., Rodonar (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:26 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General, Deveskrius (Guest), 22-Dec-02 02:23 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Rodonar the General, Rodonar (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:24 PM, #12
Reply Well done..., Anith (Guest), 22-Dec-02 01:48 PM, #3
Reply RE: Well done..., Anith (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:23 PM, #11
     Reply Er... this is from Rodonar. %28n%2Ft%29, Rodonar (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:36 PM, #16
Reply My friend, Minyar, 22-Dec-02 01:21 PM, #2
Reply Woo-hoo!, Blasd (Guest), 22-Dec-02 01:17 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13308 Previous topic | Next topic