Subject: "I was surprised to find Varaez was played by you" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125516
Show all folders

TJHuronWed 16-Sep-15 04:21 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125585, "I was surprised to find Varaez was played by you"

As far as I know you are in that serial battle player category, just as I am. The reason why I say this is you did not come off to me as someone who was used to some of the challenges that go along with playing a BattleRager.

Before I get into the meat of my comments I will commend you on playing one tough ass character. There is no taking that away from you and you deserve congratulations on that. It could have been much better thought without the attitude, and I think you acknowledge that by admitting to your jadedness towards enemies.

I will agree with you that it is frustrating when other players try to tell you how to play your Battlerager when it comes to parity. But, that comment coming from you struck me as odd because there were a number of times where you griped at me for how I chose to fight you.

I shouldn't feel like I need to point out to you that I was a Nexus assassin and that allows me to do the following, but, I will:

-I can chose my allies however I see fit so long as it does not go against the balance.
-I have no restrictions on ganging outside of what I chose to impose on myself (RP, religion, etc) but that shouldn't matter to you as you saying something to me about it would be akin to me telling you about parity.
-I am going to use the element of surprise where ever possible.
-You, being a Village leader, are nearly always an enemy, and will also nearly always cause the Veil to be thick. Taking the head away or keeping it away from you will nearly always be at the top of my priority list, even balance wise.

So consider how miffed I was when you started bitching at me at the end every time I attacked you around the Empire. Especially when you went so far as to complain that I was ganging you. I even had to remind you one time that I was not beholden to your parity rules. I rarely even outright ganged you down (when I say outright I'm talking outside of the Destructor etc), and trust me, I had plenty of opportunities.

For a guy who plays a lot of Battle, and understands the cabal well, I can just say I was blown away that these kinds of comments were coming from the Drillmaster. I'll bet if I had the logs I could dig out some of the conversations we had and replace our names and people would have a hard time telling who the Villager was and who the Nexun was.

It really is one of the truisms about Battle that you just have to expect your enemies are going to do whatever they can to kill you, and you have restrictions on how you go about killing them. This quite often puts you on the wrong side of the numbers game. That's CF, to use your phrase

If it weren't for those situations I would have respected the hell out of Varaez. I think we had a good enemy to enemy relationship up until that point.

Whatever the reason was for the behavior, whether its RL stuff bleeding in game or IC stuff getting too much to handle, I hope it passes for you and you can go back to enjoying the game because while it is present, you aren't the only person it's making the game less fun for.

So back to my original statement. I was surprised it was you. For as much as I can remember I've always had good opinions of your characters.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [BATTLE] Varaez Azrel the Sage of the Enclave... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 12-Sep-15 11:44 AM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Varaez Azrel the Sage of the Enc..., Jarmel, 18-Sep-15 08:15 PM, #26
Reply Some good and some bad.., Raltevio, 17-Sep-15 02:44 AM, #21
Reply Thank you., Sarien, 17-Sep-15 07:11 AM, #22
Reply Good presense, Zqoemoa (Anonymous), 16-Sep-15 09:51 AM, #13
Reply I thought you were classy, Bildot (Anonymous), 14-Sep-15 08:33 AM, #5
Reply Goodbyes:, Sarien, 14-Sep-15 07:18 AM, #4
Reply I liked you and thought you were my toughest foe., Quintus (Anonymous), 14-Sep-15 05:25 PM, #6
Reply Well done, Varnon (Anonymous), 14-Sep-15 05:56 PM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Artificial, 15-Sep-15 03:03 PM, #8
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Destuvius, 15-Sep-15 08:23 PM, #9
Reply I haven't kept logs, Relio, 15-Sep-15 11:20 PM, #10
Reply Make sure you report it, Kstatida, 16-Sep-15 03:27 AM, #11
Reply RE: I haven't kept logs, Imperial (Anonymous), 16-Sep-15 08:11 AM, #12
Reply sorry:, Sarien, 16-Sep-15 11:02 AM, #14
     Reply Next time you raid Palace, Kstatida, 16-Sep-15 11:19 AM, #15
          Reply Right:, Sarien, 16-Sep-15 01:04 PM, #16
               Reply Not quite applicable, I think, Kstatida, 16-Sep-15 01:17 PM, #17
Reply I was surprised to find Varaez was played by you, TJHuron, 16-Sep-15 04:21 PM #18
Reply Yeah, I regret our interactions., Sarien, 16-Sep-15 05:25 PM, #19
     Reply Thumbsup, TJHuron, 16-Sep-15 07:10 PM, #20
          Reply Reading these posts....., Vonzamir, 18-Sep-15 02:08 AM, #23
               Reply That's very true, TJHuron, 18-Sep-15 12:06 PM, #25
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Valdifer (Anonymous), 18-Sep-15 02:10 AM, #24
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Luthantulas2 (Anonymous), 15-Sep-15 09:54 AM, #27
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Varaez Azrel the Sage of the Enc..., Selionar (Anonymous), 13-Sep-15 12:23 PM, #3
Reply We didn't meet much, but what I saw was good, Tiissana (Anonymous), 13-Sep-15 12:10 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Varaez Azrel the Sage of the Enc..., Nydfeldt (Anonymous), 12-Sep-15 12:31 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125516 Previous topic | Next topic