Subject: "Farewells: Herald" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125445
Show all folders

MurphyWed 09-Sep-15 07:38 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125478, "Farewells: Herald"
Edited on Wed 09-Sep-15 07:42 AM

I've been collecting and telling stories for a long time; my love for storytelling is probably one of my biggest "tells", as I've mentioned on my characters' threads before. But for some reason, I always failed at Herald. I am immensely happy to have finally found a niche in the Cabal.

Rdenbrel -- I don't know what kind of problem you had with Whiysdan or why you even got banned, but IC I didn't like you just because there was so much drama and sadness blowing out from everywhere. It was IC, though. Heh, they need to add a half-buried skeleton at the Inn's door; in memory of one who sat there until the end, crying at passersby and desperate to be let back in.
Quote for you: "Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened." (Terry Pratchett)

Ballard -- Evil Heralds are such a rarity, but the stars somehow aligned so that for some time the Cabal was practically down to just us. I enjoyed the evilness and food pranks and I was really looking forward to murdering innocent folks together. Indeed.
Quote for you: "Evil. Mistrust those who rejoice at it even more than those who do it." (Victor Hugo)

Agarisil -- It's been a while. I remember interviewing you, and it was nice to have some debates and discussion, but I could probably not continue as long as you did with the historian / culturologist angle, it's too sciencey and gets boring quickly. Admittedly we didn't even get to interact all that much, my cannibal prank was meant for you but I ended up never meeting you again.
Quote for you: "If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him." (John F. Kennedy)

Daphedee -- Cheers for beating me to High Herald. We sure had a long history and I did my best to look like "the guy your mom warned you about". I did not have any romance in mind until very, very late -- if it looked like I did, it was just part of my role to be a creepy lech and flirt with everyone. Anyway, when it did come to romance, I found it a nice challenge trying to look slightly disturbing even while showing affection. Should've been bringing you dead rats more often. Or villager skulls. Heh.
Quote for you: "Seeing is more than a physiological phenomenon... We see not only with our eyes but with all that we are and all that our culture is. The artist is a professional see-er." (Dorothea Lange)

Whistner -- Very much like Rdenbrel, you seemed a bit cloudcuckoolanderish, like as if I say one thing and you hear something else entirely. Language barrier maybe?
Quote for you: "I speak in English and think in French. Someday, I'll take French lessons and find out what the heck I'm thinking." (Pointy-Haired Boss from Scott Adams' Dilbert)

Khazhrim -- It was unsettling how we seemed to agree on most everything other than me making fun of your sex change! To a degree, Kowelu saw a kindred spirit in you because you were another Herald who didn't shy from PK. The fact you were good-aligned wasn't much relevant to him.
Quote for you: "Everything will probably never be OK. But we have to try for it." (Vladimir Putin)

Xoog -- Like I said, you grew a lot in my eyes. Solid character, even though you conformed to that pacifistic Herald stereotype. I think I've tried a few times to nag you about it, but for the most part Kowelu wasn't the one to judge people for how they chose to live. Live and let live. Kill and let kill. As long as it's fun.
Quote for you: "You can never be overdressed or overeducated." (Oscar Wilde)

Bildot -- Our dutiful healer. I liked the bustle of activity you brought anywhere you came. Always looking for some fun in one way or another. Good thing I didn't know about your shenanigans with ragers, but then again why would I care?
Quote for you: "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present." (Bil Keane)

Gningeri -- Gingerly! My manticore prank wouldn't have been possible without you! I should've changed the phrase, I know, but I was making stuff up on the fly and it was somewhat hurried. I enjoyed our other interactions too. It's painful to witness how conjurers tend to mob die so often.
Quote for you: "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?" (J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit)

Knodeet -- Haha, I got crap past the radar. I honestly thought I appeared bad enough that people didn't need to double-check with a scroll of detect evil. Guess not. Again, painful to see so many mob deaths. Because you were so much younger, Kowelu mostly treated you like you were his little clueless human brother. A tiny bit of feline self-superiority and condescension, I suppose.
Quote for you: "And the heart that is soonest awake to the flowers is always the first to be touch'd by the thorns." (Thomas Moore)

Caerlon -- Awww, spacing out into the void every so often. I felt a little bad for you, being deprived of some quality CF fun. Hope you enjoyed those little wand hunts. You were a tortoise and you totally ninja-d your amber rod from under the nose of that hero-level aggro mob, so I feel compelled to offer...
Quote for you: "Kowabunga!" (Michaelangelo; not the artist guy)

Kalliel -- I didn't know you all that much, you seemed aloof and always out doing your thing. Those quirky wood-elves, always out in the woods drinking and having fun in ways barely understood by a simple Felar.
Quote for you: "'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'" (Lewis Carroll)

Miakoda -- Daredevil. Loved your company all the way, from having someone to ride the mustang around and stick swords in things, to having someone to gossip and share some of my secrets with.
Quote for you "It is better to err on the side of daring than the side of caution." (Alvin Toffler)

Olorqualn -- The impression I got is nicely summed up by "less expression, more action". You weren't harsh or unfriendly, but you clearly preferred to go and do things, and if you weren't out doing things, then you were brainstorming about how to do things.
Quote for you: "The biggest sin is sitting on your ass." (Rose F. Kennedy)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Kowelu Rizzle the Wrong-Doing Tale... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 07-Sep-15 06:48 AM
Reply Well Done!, Jarmel, 09-Sep-15 06:05 PM, #24
Reply Bah, I had hoped for a few more fights...fleabag!, Varaez (Anonymous), 09-Sep-15 07:41 AM, #11
Reply This was a triumph., Kowelu Rizzle (Anonymous), 08-Sep-15 03:48 AM, #6
Reply amazing character, silat, 08-Sep-15 09:59 AM, #7
Reply Gonna miss ya, Gromm (Anonymous), 08-Sep-15 12:51 PM, #8
Reply Farewells: Immortal, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 07:33 AM, #9
Reply RE: Farewells: Immortal, Drehir, 09-Sep-15 01:12 PM, #22
Reply Glad you enjoyed this character., Raltevio, 12-Sep-15 01:12 PM, #31
Reply Farewells: Herald, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 07:42 AM #10
Reply RE: Farewells: Herald, Rdenbrel, 10-Sep-15 07:47 AM, #28
Reply Lol thanks , Demos, 19-Sep-15 01:36 PM, #41
Reply Farewells: Battle, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 07:45 AM, #12
Reply Good job on this one, Tiissana (Anonymous), 09-Sep-15 09:30 AM, #20
Reply RE: Farewells: Battle, Buoncuoi (Anonymous), 09-Sep-15 12:01 PM, #21
Reply Farewells: Empire, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 07:54 AM, #13
Reply Farewells: Fortress, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 08:04 AM, #14
Reply RE: Farewells: Fortress, Bertrame (Anonymous), 14-Sep-15 12:01 PM, #33
Reply Shout out? But I didn't know you at all., Murphy, 14-Sep-15 01:54 PM, #34
     Reply You could've said sorry NT, Gromm (Anonymous), 14-Sep-15 03:12 PM, #36
          Reply Sorry for what? (n/t), Murphy, 15-Sep-15 03:51 AM, #39
               Reply For not mentioning character you've never interacted wi..., Kstatida, 15-Sep-15 04:51 AM, #40
Reply Well to be honest...., Welverin, 14-Sep-15 06:55 PM, #37
Reply I was speaking of the time after I got manticore, Murphy, 15-Sep-15 03:50 AM, #38
Reply RE: Farewells: Fortress, Luthantulas2 (Anonymous), 10-Sep-15 01:46 PM, #42
Reply Farewells: Tribunal, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 08:16 AM, #15
Reply RE: Farewells: Tribunal, Bromgrin (Anonymous), 09-Sep-15 06:25 PM, #25
     Reply Yea, I could be the daleks., Murphy, 09-Sep-15 11:55 PM, #26
Reply Farewells: Outlander, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 08:25 AM, #16
Reply Good job., Adira (Anonymous), 10-Sep-15 04:15 PM, #29
     Reply You definitely should have tried more., Murphy, 10-Sep-15 11:34 PM, #30
Reply Farewells: Grinning Skulls, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 08:37 AM, #17
Reply Farewells: Scion, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 08:37 AM, #18
Reply Farewells: Others, Murphy, 09-Sep-15 08:58 AM, #19
Reply Thanks and apt quote, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 10-Sep-15 03:11 AM, #27
Reply RE: Farewells: Others, TJHuron, 14-Sep-15 11:00 AM, #32
     Reply No, it's a quite famous folk tale., Murphy, 14-Sep-15 02:19 PM, #35
Reply So long old timer., Ireswyn (Anonymous), 09-Sep-15 03:00 PM, #23
Reply Well done nt., varnon (Anonymous), 07-Sep-15 12:46 PM, #5
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Kowelu Rizzle the Wrong-Doing ..., Bildot (Anonymous), 07-Sep-15 12:46 PM, #4
Reply You were fun to be around (nt), Bemused, 07-Sep-15 08:57 AM, #3
Reply Yep, miss you already., Nydfeldt (Anonymous), 07-Sep-15 07:44 AM, #2
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Kowelu Rizzle the Wrong-Doing ..., Kippli, 07-Sep-15 06:28 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125445 Previous topic | Next topic