Subject: "Isendor's Role Chapter 10" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #23979
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24007, "Isendor's Role Chapter 10"

Role

Chapter 10

The Chronicles of My History II
Added Sat Sep 13 08:09:43 2008 at level 3:

There was a feast held at my father's house upon the day of my appointment as a royal guard. This occurred
during the two hundred and fortieth season of my life, that is to say in human terms, my sixtieth birthday.
Our home had been transformed into the measure of luxury for the event, for we were to be graced
by the presence of Prince Danellaran, my revered benefactor. He arrived with the grandest of greetings,
charming all who were in attendance, and I admit that in those early years I had a very high regard for my Prince.

The following two decades were filled with happiness, as I continued my service within the Palace, and enjoyed
time with Lalleya when my duties were fulfilled. As the end of this second decade drew near, so did all happiness
in my life come to an end. For in a single day, and what is one day to us, I was informed by a teary-eyed Lalleya
that she was to be betrothed to another. What a foolish boy I was to entertain hopes of marrying one with such
a high and noble lineage. It was, of course, my hope that somehow my revered position with the Royal Palace
might make such a thing possible. The rules of courtship among my people are numerous and complex, and in
truth this idea was a stretch of the imagination. The hope of a love sick fool. Alas, a lowly guard could never
compete with a Prince. She was to be wed to my very benefactor, Prince Danellaran.

As though this were not enough to crush any man to dust, knowing that his greatest love would marry another,
it was upon this very day which I learned of her betrothal that I also learned of returned love for me. While she
was always able to read my thoughts directly, I had not the same gift in regards to her. While I knew she enjoyed
my company, all these years she had never spoken of a great affection for me, though my own love for her was
never concealed. Now here in the youthful spring of our lives, we loved one another with foolish, fruitless love.

What was I to do? Some would say I should have fought for her, to go against the wishes of her parents, to go against
a promise made to my Prince, to do whatever it took to be with her. The consequences would have been dire, though
looking back through the cruel lens of my grim history, perhaps I should of tried. I will say this, for those who would speak
against me, if there is one greater concept than love held within the hearts of my people it is duty. For duty we withheld
our love, for duty I served my Prince, and for duty I died inside. For forty years we bore this torture, Lalleya and I,
forty years of longing when every inch of my heart and soul longed for my beloved to no avail. Forty years...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic[FORTRESS] Isendor the Favored Son of Darsylon, Knight... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 11, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 10, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 9, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 8, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 7, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 6, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 5, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #3
Reply Isendor's Cabal Powers List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 4, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 3, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 2, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 1, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Immortal Comments, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Gank-O-Meter, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's PK Statistics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Supplication List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Supplication List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Skill List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Title History, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's PK Wins, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's PK Deaths, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Leveling, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Timeline, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Mob Deaths, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Edges, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Cabal Specifics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #2
Reply Isendor's Best Set of Equipment, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Class Specifics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Statistics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #23979 Previous topic | Next topic