Subject: "RE: Seasonal Races" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2591
Show all folders

StraklawWed 29-Feb-12 07:25 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2593, "RE: Seasonal Races"

>The current plan is to open up the next seasonal race on March
>22.

So, since you're opening them right as my birthday hits, that means I get a slot right away, right? Right!? Hehe. Anyways, in seriousness.

>With the new seasonal race will come a change in how these
>races are released. In an effort to not flood the game with a
>new race but still allow players access to the race, we will
>have a staged release (X slots open for the first week, 2X
>slots open for the second week, then unlimited slots for the
>final six weeks). These races will be available for a limited
>time (we're currently looking at a lifespan of 4 months) after
>the first eight weeks, after which they will autodelete.

1) Your timeline only accounts for two months (8 weeks). I assume you mean unlimited for the final fourteen weeks? (Or, looking at #3, guess you might just mean two months to roll them up)

2) By unlimited, you're saying free reign, as in non-minotaur-limited?

3) I'm understanding you're saying that once these four months hit, they all fade out? Even if you happened to role them up three days beforehand?

>I would like to see the termination date not result in a
>Left Behind scenario, so there may be some flexibility
>there.

Some of that's verifying that I'm understanding correctly, but I also had two thoughts regarding some of these questions.

I know the minotaur process has been around forever, but I also know many people have just never had the luck to catch one, or skip over to roll one up right after reboot as it sounds is the best luck to catch one. Would it be possible to make it so that if a minotaur slot is available, you have a *chance* at getting a limited-race slot? I suppose you could spam creation a dozen times or so to make a slot's not available, but offhand it seems like it might spread out that window of opportunity a little. If it were theoretically possible to make it so that once you've failed your chance at a limited slot you didn't get a new chance for X period (hour, two hours, something like that), perhaps that might make it a little more random chance to get a limited race, rather than the rush that happens after a reboot. If that makes sense?

Secondly, don't Lvl 1s and Lvl 10- autodelete at a faster rate than other characters? Would it be feasable to make it so that limited races do in a similar range such that you'd either be forced to play your character in a reasonable fashion where you'd naturally play out your character within the desired timespan, or autodelete would catch them. I suppose you'd theoretically still be able to log in just to avoid the autodelete, but it seems like it might be relatively easy to spot this with a limited number of these races, and could force a delete as nessecary for the remaining few.

Anyways, I might be misinterpreting some, but ideas.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicSeasonal Races [View all] , Scarabaeus, Wed 29-Feb-12 07:26 PM
Reply Could you add the seasonal races to cf.com? (=Help abov..., Calion, 23-Mar-12 10:01 PM, #12
Reply RE: Could you add the seasonal races to cf.com? (=Help ..., Scarabaeus, 23-Mar-12 11:24 PM, #13
Reply RE: Could you add the seasonal races to cf.com? (=Help ..., Nreykre, 24-Mar-12 12:27 PM, #14
Reply One free centaur please...., Tac, 22-Mar-12 03:27 PM, #11
Reply Little suggestion., Shapa, 21-Mar-12 09:35 PM, #8
Reply RE: Little suggestion., Zulghinlour, 21-Mar-12 09:38 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Little suggestion., Shapa, 22-Mar-12 09:10 AM, #10
Reply RE: Seasonal Races, Straklaw, 29-Feb-12 07:21 PM #3
Reply RE: Seasonal Races, Scarabaeus, 29-Feb-12 07:29 PM, #4
     Reply Clarifying. , Kalageadon, 01-Mar-12 12:25 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Clarifying. , Zulghinlour, 01-Mar-12 12:32 AM, #6
               Reply Crazy Stats, Thanks. nt, Kalageadon, 01-Mar-12 11:33 AM, #7
Reply RE: Seasonal Races, Elerosse, 29-Feb-12 07:21 PM, #2
Reply Perhaps leadered characters not auto? nt, Artificial, 29-Feb-12 07:21 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2591 Previous topic | Next topic