Subject: "Don't call it a comeback!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2259
Show all folders

ValguarneraFri 12-Feb-10 07:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2259, "Don't call it a comeback!"

(I've been here for years.)
2009 was an extremely busy year for me, and sadly my most time-consuming hobby was a casualty of that. Things have changed a bit on that front, and while I still won't have the steady time I used to enjoy, I've begun to find opportunities to contribute again.

Specifically, I'm trying to stick to responsibilities that work well with bursts of activity, vs. having an hour or two each day to check in -- coding relatively contained projects, helping make improvements to areas, chipping in with bugs/typos, etc. I've spoken with the Implementors as well as most of the Immortals at length about this, and especially with the various Fifth Age fires eating up the staff's time (and especially Zulgh's time), there's plenty of places to pitch in. I've been "back" but lurking for a few weeks, learning my way around the new server and shaking the rust off.

In the medium term, I have a couple of class-specific projects outlined, and I also have an interest in addressing some of the imbalances that come with alignment. I'll address this on Gameplay at some point, so as to not clutter Announcements.

The first example of the class-specific projects will follow in a second Announcement.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDon't call it a comeback! [View all] , Valguarnera, Fri 12-Feb-10 07:22 PM
Reply RE: Don't call it a comeback!, Grudan, 14-Feb-10 07:50 AM, #9
Reply Welcome back., Kadsuane, 13-Feb-10 05:27 PM, #6
Reply Quite the opposite. (n/t), Valguarnera, 13-Feb-10 05:27 PM, #7
     Reply Well there goes that then., Kadsuane, 14-Feb-10 07:50 AM, #8
Reply Good to see you again. /nt, Rodriguez, 13-Feb-10 11:26 AM, #5
Reply Welcome back, incognito, 13-Feb-10 07:01 AM, #4
Reply One more thing, A2, 13-Feb-10 07:01 AM, #3
Reply Welcome back. nt, Splntrd, 12-Feb-10 11:47 PM, #2
Reply We all know you left in shame because of fantasy baseba..., TheLastMohican, 12-Feb-10 11:47 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2259 Previous topic | Next topic