Subject: "Unholy Blessing" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2069
Show all folders

DaevrynFri 07-Aug-09 04:20 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2069, "Unholy Blessing"
Edited on Fri 07-Aug-09 04:21 PM

This started out as a bug fix but went a little further, so I thought I'd lay it out for everyone:

- Closed the bug/loophole where you can get a control firing at a lower level than you get the control.

- Battleragers now have some ability to deflect unholy blessing special attacks via spellbane, much as they can most other forms of gear casting spells at them. Generally this is currently a lower chance than deflecting other kinds of spells; we'll see how this works out and adjust from there if we see it necessary.

In my testing of this change, extra attacks never seem to result from it -- just deflection / spellbane damage. I'm satisfied with this.

- Direct damage from the Flames and Arcing control specials is now magical fire and lightning damage, respectively, meaning that resistance or vulnerability to magic applies to this damage. Normal weapon damage from a weapon under one of these controls remains as it was.

- Damage from the Flames of Ninauurm control increases further as later controls are learned. Up to this point this control has generally been badly obsoleted by the later controls, and this may now be less the case.

Edited to add: This isn't live yet, but should show up in the next crash/reboot or two.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUnholy Blessing [View all] , Daevryn, Fri 07-Aug-09 04:20 PM
Reply I always thought it would be nifty if, Mekantos, 07-Aug-09 05:07 PM, #1
     Reply While we're fixing controls..., Torak, 08-Aug-09 01:02 PM, #2
          Reply RE: While we're fixing controls..., Daevryn, 08-Aug-09 01:03 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2069 Previous topic | Next topic