Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Santa Zulg 2011
Topic subjectMisdirect
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=71&topic_id=384
384, Misdirect
Posted by AXera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I generally like the idea of this skill, but it has one glaring issue: the three rounds of lag on a miss. Other similar warrior spec skills don't have this flaw. Crushing blow only lags you 3 rounds when it lags them 2, and pincer can open combat and is either 3-for-2 or 2-for-0 (you even get damage on 2 round lag misses sometimes).

Would it be too much to ask to have missed misdirects only lag the user 2 rounds?

The only explanation I can muster for why the skill is this way is because the spec has other lagging skills, and is defensive enough to 'handle' the extra round of lag. In practice this is completely backwards, though. The other spear/staff lagging skills are near-useless most of the time, while distance does nothing to prevent command skills from ruining you while you're lagging yourself. So you miss, and meanwhile get jabbed twice and then flurried. Or maybe you're thinking misdirect will give you a shot against that 7 path invoker, except you're already limiting your offensive ability by not dual wielding and now you've just given them 3 free rounds to abuse you with.

I mean it's not as if the skill is like mid-rank doublethrust, or flurry - there's no huge payoff when it does hit. Besides, those both have an edge to reduce their lag when they miss anyway (they hit a lot more often too).
419, Santa Zulg abides with bonus
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Would it be too much to ask to have missed misdirects only lag
>the user 2 rounds?

I did this for misdirect and also did this for concealed attack
422, do you mean timed attack instead of concealed?~
Posted by blackbird on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
423, Is this a mistake?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Concealed attack doesn't involve lag at all, and is a passive skill, not an active skill.
427, Ha!
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Concealed attack doesn't involve lag at all, and is a passive
>skill, not an active skill.

Nope...I mean concealed. What I ended up changing however was code we no longer use. Go me!