Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Santa Zulg 2011
Topic subjectChromatic flame and Unholy Weapon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=71&topic_id=171
171, Chromatic flame and Unholy Weapon
Posted by reject0 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I seen a log of an unholy weapon going up in chromatic flame, and would like Santa Zulg to prevent this from happening.

I'm not sure how the best way to implement it would be so that someone doesn't unholy bless a bunch of the same weapon and get tons of them, but think an unholy blessed weapon going up in chromatic flame if it was a good one would make baby jesus cry.

Also since my idea that got implemented this year was made a long time ago this still counts as my one wish for this year.
175, Santa Zulg brings you coal (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
203, Uhmmm...why? nt
Posted by MRSK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
213, I'm with MRK on this
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's not like they'll be hoarding items or anything with them being immune (least I can't see a worthwhile reason why). Having lost before like 20 charges in this kinda situation, it's pretty infuriating (and a pretty lame tactic someone else can abuse).
220, Risks of limited items
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pretty certain that was along the lines of Zulg's answer before. One of the risks you run using limited items. Though, I've NO idea how you expect someone to "abuse" overmax items.
221, RE: How to abuse it
Posted by fist-law on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Max out the item in question, then the AP is at a higher risk for losing the weapon because if he dies to anything say, while exploring, poof the weapon is likely to go.

Unholy weapons should be off the grid. That's a #### way to lose a weapon and probably drive a player crazy.
228, RE: Risks of limited items
Posted by MRSK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Find out what weapon AP uses, if it's not lim one roll hoarder char and keep maxing out those weapons. Eventualy AP will eat for example mob death and his weapon will have a chance to go poof. Not too easy but possible.