Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Santa Zulg 2010
Topic subjectBounties...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=70&topic_id=173
173, Bounties...
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know this might not fit under "santa zulg" as it might be more of a long term project.

But I'd LOVE it if this was somehow used more often. I can't say that I know how the current system works, but I'm guessing that it's not used at all. I know that at least I have wanted to make some uncabaled char that just works as a merc, taking on bounties etc. And I also know that on several occations I've wanted to put up huge bounties on different chars.

As Kreo I was prepared to put 1500 gold on some guys head. (don't remember why) But if I just put a bounty, most wouldn't check it. And to make the word spread I'd need to fetch a bard, send a note, then put up a bounty. (Not sure if there are restrictions on bounties really.)

So... What I'm asking is prehaps some sort of overhaul of the bounty system? heh (Am I sensing a move to the long-term division? ;) heh)
177, See Bounty System Upgrades post
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=55&topic_id=1772&mesg_id=1772&page=
174, Yes...long term
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm all for making it more useful, but I've yet to hear any good requests as to how.
175, Here's a few suggestions off the top of my head:
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First, make it so anyone can put a bounty on anyone else. Regardless of whether they're in PK range, or even logged in.

Second, send out a weekly note to all listing the top 10 or so bounties.

Third, I'm honestly not sure how to even collect a bounty. I vaguely remember that you have to take a body part to a bounty office? If that's true, I'd get rid of that. Just show up and "collect bounty Joedwarf" after you'd landed a kill.
If that's not true, just make a bounty office in every major city (if there's not one already), so it's easy to go up and collect.
176, Wanted Signs
Posted by Mekantos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It would be cool to see wanted faces posted up all over the civilized world. Some would likely be strictly tribunal fugitives. Others could include bounties.

Also, it would be cool to see mobs start coming after players if their bounty is high enough. I could see this being a bitch sometimes, but overall pretty god damned exciting! And I mean more than just faceless, nameless mobs...give them names, backgrounds, and particular attitudes (think Boba Fett, for example)