Go back to previous topic
Forum Name History & Lore
Topic subjectSo, what does this REALLY mean?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=472&mesg_id=473
473, So, what does this REALLY mean?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lots of things. But, off the top of my head:

- Nexus will have a cabal HQ and begin operating more like a normal cabal. Theoretically that would've been tonight, but I'm beat and there's a tiny bit of cleanup/massaging left from all of this stuff to be done before it can be put live. Expect to see this fairly soon.

- The main thrust of this ongoing story/quest begun in July has reached its conclusion. You'll still see some things yet to happen that in some way relate to these events, such as a number of loose ends involving the contents of the Vault of Nyastren. You haven't seen the last of the Eldritch Consortium -- indeed, we planned for you to have seen more of them already, but it didn't quite happen that way. Soon.

- The big one is this: the Veil still holds sway over the strength of magic (among other things) in Thera. It no longer shifts in huge increments and erratically; rather, it is the actions of mortals that will define its strength or weakness. If you are a mage or sympathetic to them, it is possible for you to make magic stronger across Thera. If you are a Battlerager or sympathetic to their cause, it possible for you to make magic weaker across Thera. Most likely, you've seen some of the effects of this strength or weakness already. Nexus, Battle, and some other characters are sensitive to large shifts of the Veil in one direction or the other. The ways in which the Veil is influenced will most likely be discovered by mortals in the days immediately to come.

I'm probably forgetting something, but there's a start.