Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEdge points?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=74655
74655, Edge points?
Posted by The Heretic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It used to be that at 25 my characters could reliably select from the cheapest edges. These days I'm not really seeing any edges to choose from into the 30s.

Was there a change I missed somewhere on this?
74656, RE: Edge points?
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can see how to get edge points here.

https://www.carrionfields.net/helpsearch.php?keywords=edge+specifics
74659, RE: Edge points?
Posted by Whatevs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's obvious that the original poster knew/knows how to attain observation/exploration experience from previous experience. Just say that the observation and exploration points given for areas have been reduced over time.

Don't just say "Oh, look over there, that's how you get them."

No ####.
74660, Is it obvious?
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The original poster didn't say "I used to get X from exploring this area, now I get Y." He just made a vague assertion about the level that edges were available. Given that level isn't a factor in edge points, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that he doesn't know how edge points accrue. Providing an explanation of how they accrue would be a pretty solid answer, in that case.

If he has a different question, he should ask that one instead.

Stop looking for reasons to be a ####. Or at the very least, look for better reasons than this one.

74661, Nope
Posted by Whatevs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No Thanks,

It's what I do and will keep doing it.
If you have a problem with it. Do something else.
74662, Whatevs
Posted by Callowyin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
74663, RE: Is it obvious?
Posted by The Heretic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe I was thinking of this:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=47&topic_id=153&mesg_id=153&listing_type=search
- Observation / Exploration XP no longer yield edge points.

Of course that contradicts the page Ishuli linked.
1. Experiences

Characters receive edge points for reaching the following tiers of XP:
* Commerce XP: 7.5k, 15k (L30+), and 30k (L51).
* Exploration XP: 5k, 10k (L30+), 15k (L51), and 30k (L51).
* Imm XP: 500, 1k, 2k, and 3k.
* Observation XP: 5k, 10k (L30+), and 15k (L51).
* Role XP: 1.4k.

Whatever the deal is, it's been a while since I put much time in a character, and edges seem way down from my last 200+ hour char.
74664, RE: Edge points?
Posted by mackle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've mentioned this before, but I only see upside to getting the experience as you go.
Walk in the room, you get 100 experience points.

The vets know exactly which rooms they are already and so nothing really changes for them. But it would help new players learn where to go.

Maybe you want new players to walk through every room of an area on every character? But I am sure, they don' want to. It becomes a drag to walk in every room over and over again on different characters. And when you do explore that area on the first time, it's more exciting to find them, like easter eggs.

You just create an incentive for people to write walk through scripts or repeatably log off/on to check for exp hits.

Explore points behind mobs you have to kill are good, you have to be strong enough to get it and would be nice to get your reward as you walk past it.