Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectTwist is right
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73952
73952, Twist is right
Posted by Shravthar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Retrieving from orc village is, you know, a retrieval. Retrievals should get both the xp for restoring the item, and, if opposed, the edge point.

Don't really see any reason it isn't that way, what's the logic? The system now is every where else, if your item is taken and held, getting it back gets you cabal xp, and, if opposed, edge point.

Retrieving from orc village is harder than every single other cabal, so shouldn't it actually be even more appropriate to get the credit there? If nothing else, it's a "retrieval", you've restored your item. You should get the morale boost, the xp, and, if there's a defender, the edge point.

Twist agrees. What else do we need? :)
73959, RE: Twist is right
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Disclaimer: I could be wrong.

IIRC, the clan retrieval code is totally separate from cabal retrieval code (¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and this just isn't anywhere near a priority for me to try and munge the relevant code from the latter into the former. Sorry.
73960, Also...
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

YourDumbAss says 'And you don't get credit for retrievals there. Just absurd'
YourDumbAss says 'god dammit'
YourDumbAss says 'absurd'
YourDumbAss says 'just damn wrong'
YourDumbAss says 'damn this'

####s_given -= 1000;
73961, RE: Also...
So, thanks for confirming you take posts and go search for players. Nice to know you don't at all get prejudiced or mix things, they're totally separate. You're a child.

Also, nice to make random posts without any context. Maybe explain what had been going on? But no, just like you, it's all about being a douche.

Have a lovely day.
73962, RE: Also...
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On a scale of 1 to Funnyone, I'd give that an 8. Highly entertaining meltdown. Thank you.
73972, Ell Oh Ell.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
73964, lol "being a douche"
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
did you really just try and play that card after that??
73965, RE: lol
Doing what, exactly? Calling out that he saw a post, looked up the ip, then went and found a character, and is basing judgments from one on the other?

Or that he pulls lines from in-game things to use here, obviously deliberately trying (and it seems succeeding) to curry favor? None of the things he quotes were said to him, or any other imm.

All that's happened here is he said he didn't want to do as Twist had suggested, and then decided to go look up who the original poster was, and the come and post here, publically. Ask yourself why. He didn't have to. He'd already answered. Just to be a douche.
73966, So you are admitting to having said that?
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because that is clearly breaking character... In case you've forgotten.

HELP OOC
Carrion Fields requires that you remain IC (In
Character) at all times. All forms of communication here (say, tell,Gtell, yell, pray) are to be used as though it was the character speaking, not the player.
73969, Glad he did
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always got the impression that the reason these "suggestion" threads sucked so bad was because, in reality, they're virtually all made by slimy, disingenuous narcissists throwing thinly-veiled temper tantrums.
Looks like that's right on the money.
73973, This reminds me of middle school
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Given I am a middle school teacher, this is strikingly similar to the complaints I get from the same 2 dozen middle school kids. Maybe it's not so much people are out to get you, as you keep doing things that draw negative attention.

Dude swearing in game tends to get noticed and commented on. Just as likely odds that the tantrum got noticed, and the IP connection follows after, rather than the other way around.
73974, RE: This reminds me of middle school
Way to fall for the "hey, look over there!"

Nothing about any of this has anything to do with a character in game. There was absolutely no reason to post what he posted, it was purely to distract from the point, and throw shade. It was childish. You should recognize that.
73968, RE: Also...
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your first reply was fine. Understand you have a long list and this is fairly low in the pile.

But this sort of response really doesn't help the person asking the question nor the person answering it.

73971, Sort of puts the 'I'd rather be doing something else' into perspective. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
73970, Sounds like Baena. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
73953, RE: Twist is right
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Twist agrees. What else do we need? :)

Someone who can code and someone with time to code and someone who thinks this is the top priority of things to code.

I could probably name more things that are needed.