Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectPlaying CF again after 17 years!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73800
73800, Playing CF again after 17 years!
Posted by sunshine9 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hello folks! Yes, I played alot of Carrion Fields and my last character was 17 years ago. I had a thief tattoo'ed by Ishamel, and a Sylvan hero with a nice title. Now I have found some sparetime and decided to see
whats been going on, on The Fields since my last visits, and a lot as far as I can see! Wow .. Very impressive improvements on the classes. I never been a "pro" CF player and mostly played Thieves, Rangers, and Assassins and a few Warriors. I have returned to The Fields with an AP and feel like a sitting duck without dodge fighting assassins and warriors. And they can lag, and often they have the initiative. Not good odds to begin with. What to do? My question, is there a wand or some item that can heal plague so it would be possible to practice it while fighting mobs? Othwerwise it is just too slow to practice. Are there wands that can
improve defences, where? I remember there was an item that produced "stoneskin", but I forgot what it was .. Any other ways to improve defences so my AP can get more time to land spells and regain the initiative?
73827, Are you trying to improve wands or plague...
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am a bit confused by your question, but it sounds like you want to heal plague on a mob so you can recast plague to practice it? Or to heal yourself when you catch it?

If you want to practice plague just spam it on the mob. Plague stacks. It gives -5 str per time it lands. This works in pk as well.

I'll just say, there is is a very easy to get heal plague edible that can be gathered at lvl 1 that casts lvl 30 cure disease twice and refreshes you, if your question is the later. Ask around in game and someone will likely turn you onto it.

If you want to improve wands, get 10 gold by lvl 5 (can gather 8 from quests alone) and load up on turquoise wands in the academy.
73804, Shops!
Posted by clnt2020 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Check the magic shops in cities. Tir-Talath for instance, cheap wand with 10 charges in it - buy 50 wands and spend next days in creating tons of globes of light :)

And welcome back. I'm back too, after a couple of no-CF years.
73803, RE: Playing CF again after 17 years!
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can improve on plague, or any other malediction spell like it (blindness, poison, curse, etc.), even if the target already is affected by it.

For the same reason, I like to just master wands and excision using a wand with a self-buff the class already has that can be gathered while you spam it. Doesn't matter that you already have the buff on, you'll still improve in it from wanding it on yourself.

The aura/barrier/shield system gives you wands that reduce incoming damage, your guild master will hint where to gather them when you discuss with them, when you're able to get them. Sleek amber comes at 30, gives you aura. Sleek sienna gives you shield, comes at 32. Sleek black gives you barrier, comes at 35.
73801, Welcome back
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You need to check out the area called the Planar Sanctum.

It's a mage friendly area, with lots of wands including protective ones that only benefit you in that area.

The downsides are that people hunting a mage will often check there, and that you can't recall or teleport from inside it.

But it's a good place to learn to use wands a bit better.

Also you can wait until higher ranks and go to a place called azuremain where many mobs have wands, and use those wands while ranking.