Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Ok, here's the full quote.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72998&mesg_id=73026
73026, RE: Ok, here's the full quote.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having read that, you should well know then that what I stated is right. It's not a non-care of players, it's not a selfish ego thing. It's a labor of love. Reading after the line you kept clipping, that is infinitely clear.

He isn't saying players don't matter, that it's ONLY for imm fun ("first and foremost" vs. only. To imply otherwise is misguiding at best, false at worst.

And given what was written, why paste only a clip of it trying to emphasize the statement as if it was malicious? It clearly says that first and foremost for folks is that the game is a hobby (I imagine most players also play it as a hobby first and foremost over some other obligation). I don't see anything wrong with what he said - again, to repeat, it's a labor of love more than it is a focused product intended for mass consumption. Like he said, a piece of art - it may not be intended for factory production, it likely doesn't appeal to the masses (why make a text game in the first place if popularity was the goal?), and it's instead a fancy piece made with affection that others hopefully enjoy too.

At most you can call his post sappy :P.

-Ish