Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: These are pretty poor examples...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72895&mesg_id=73083
73083, RE: These are pretty poor examples...
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) I would have known because I talked to him a lot at the time. He would have mentioned being in a perma. Also he said after the deny that he did not know what he was denied for--no reason to lie about that. Also he was never told the rationale for denial, and why would you hide that? Only if you didn't have any rationale.

2) There is no IC advantage, only OOC convenience. You can do the same just by logging in, typing who and quitting if there is nobody to PK. And if it's worthy of a ban, then there's a long list of people you need to ban but you chose to ban Boris. Why him? The only guess that comes to mind is because he is Russian.

3) It was permanent and Matrik was never unbanned despite numerous petitions, but okay whatever let's drop it. Guy's a huge jerk anyway; talks about full-looting all the time.

4) No we don't all have the same IP, but it is fact that some of us got punished for picking up an item found completely randomly lying somewhere.

I think we veered a bit off-topic. It's more about how a player is completely unprotected from the whims of the admin.

Unethical methods are another problem. If you were not above delving into logs of my Skype conversation then how can I know you won't do other nefarious things? Like sending slanderous information to my employer? (There has been a precedent of that in CF history.) One can rationalize a lot of stuff with "I'm just combatting possible cheating."

Refusal to make punishments more transparent means you would like to retain the ability to never explain your actions. And when I see some of the Imms' actions as questionable and they refuse to explain them... well that confirms my suspicions.