Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Edge points
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72895&mesg_id=72974
72974, RE: Edge points
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While one could make an argument that they'd prefer MORE edge points - I don't think that solves your issue at all.

If you can't get an edge at all, you can figure that out with discuss prereq with a guildmaster. If you're saving up for a bigger edge and forgoing lesser edges because of it, that's the same no matter what system is made. Even if I 100% know I can get an edge, I live X hours without it building up to get it, ignoring edges Y and Z in the process. And if I take it, and can, but it ends up not doing what I want, or sucking, or whatever else - the situation isn't solved.

So while I can understand simply wanting more edges, your described issue here seems like a non-issue to me.

As of right now a given person could get enough edgepoints to take the most expensive edge in the game twice over and then get some extra edges on top of that. That's a descriptive statement, not me saying it should be this way or that way.

There's a sacrifice to taking any edge, and that sacrifice should be there in my mind. Same way you could take weapon spec X and now you're down to only 1 weapon spec choice. It means you can't test it more until you roll another character, and that's the case with most of the customization options in the game - from edges, specs, legacies, adaptations, affinities, etc.

As to edge changes in general, that isn't my domain, so I'll let someone else speak to that.

-Ish