Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWhy ban people from hell?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=70973
70973, Why ban people from hell?
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you think the area is producing too much high end gear then revamp or close it.

If you think the people are "cheating" then deny them outright.

What good is it to just deny people access without so much as an explanation?
70974, RE: Why ban people from hell?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This seems like a silly question.

Explain why it wouldn't make sense to ban people from an area they are abusing, and retain them as players, rather then life them as players when there's a solution that gives a warning.

I suspect next time evidence is provided they incriminates them a full ban (of some duration) could result.

Also why would you always choose to reveal sources?
70975, Do you abuse mother wyvern?
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
WTF is "abuse"? If something can be abused, it only implies bad design.

Like were you abusing lizard tail scrolls?
70976, RE: Do you abuse mother wyvern?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You really are ignorant.

Half the time you think I was using Scrolls I wasn't. Your crap about how I deleted when they ran out was ####. They ran out long before I deleted and when I deleted there were no threats to me that bashed.
70983, Best not to feed the troll. Nt
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
71008, You mistake me for someone else
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And are being unpolite.
70984, sorry
Posted by ExExplorer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but it's a silly way to retain players

are you going to spend 500 hours for game with shady/immchanging rules ?
70985, RE: Why ban people from hell?
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think there's some confusion about "an area which they are abusing". I don't know what this means.

I think there is a case to be made for transparency when it comes to punishments like this. For the punishment to serve as a deterrence to others, then others have to know what precipitated it so they can avoid "abusing the area". Also, without transparency, people will assume what happened. The assumption may or may not make the IMMs look like arbitrary jerks. The IMMs need to be trusted and need to appear to be fair. That's important for a game.

If there's some reason that the offense in this case should not be made public, then the IMMs can state the reason and it would be better than silence.