Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectFeedback you've heard before
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=70780
70780, Feedback you've heard before
Posted by Angry Complainer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's nothing I like more than getting to hero so I can spin the wheel on a mediocre form I've very recently played to end up with a slightly worse form. All it does is frustrate me and make me want to take a break from CF. The design is flawed whether the randomness is the "essence" of the class or not. It merely provides a reasonable chance that you're suddenly not going to want to play a character you just put 50 hrs. into.

"But, that's the point" you might say. "You need to adapt your play style to the form. That's the intent"!

Well, even Destuvious deletes when he gets forms he doesn't like (That I would kill for, by the way). So, no.

"Play another class. Maybe shifters aren't for you."

No.
70782, I personally like the randomness
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I get that #### forms are ####, but equally I don't want people choosing their dream OP combos.

Rolling edges already give you an opportunity to risk your form for maybe something better.

Personally I'd perfer it if the IMMs rebalanced the least played forms to make them more desirable, rather than remove the randomness that makes the class unique and exciting.
70787, A reasonable solution nt
nt
70788, And Destuvious' reply...
Actually helped. Knowing something's not being considered/won't be changed makes it easier to either accept it as-is or not play them.
70820, Yes!
Posted by Wasted on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Re-balance of the most rolled/not kept forms would be an awesome change. Honestly, if anything, they would only need a few minor tweaks, not a complete re-design or anything.

OR... you could allow for a character to chose 1 form from their major/minor that they DON'T want, which pretty much just takes that 1 form out of the rotation. That way it's still random, but you won't be stuck with a form you'll absolutely want to delete over because it doesn't fit your style.
70781, You really should consider taking a break from shifters though
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There is pretty much no chance that their design is going to change and you obviously are getting annoyed by said design.