Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectChamst retires...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=70770
70770, Chamst retires...
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just had our first child a couple of weeks early which means an end to my mudding days for at least a year.

Found myself without much to do most of the time, but had fun nonetheless. Hopefully those I interacted with did too.

Igos, I pretty much knew you would steamroll me each time we fought but I figured you deserved the fights since you looked to take the biggest risks available to you. But I feel as if you are the toughest character I've faced in my cf career. Made me wish I had tsal back as she might have given you a better fight.

Ergush, you seemed like a great imm. Sorry I couldn't stick around and explore your religion.

Take care everyone.
Daurwyn.
70892, Just sell it and buy a pig farm instead
Posted by Marcus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
;)
70814, RE: Chamst retires...
Posted by Ergush on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congrats on the new baby!

So sorry we couldn't connect either. Just a rough spot with work and little league sports for the kids, so my hours dropped a good bit there. I really liked Chamst and was hoping to get more time to talk with you and work through the religion together.

Try to get some sleep (learn how to do it standing up) and hope to see you in a year or so!
70776, You'll have nothing to do for at least half a year
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It will just eat and sleep for hours.
70886, This.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But it’s all over once they get mobile. Everything.
70888, RE: This.
If only.

Having taken our apparently perfectly healthy daughter home after a straightforward labour, we had to rush her into hospital 24 hours later where she had major surgery for what turned out to be meconium ileus, which is a blockage of the gut. Essentially she was inflating about the blockage and her small intestine was over an inch in diameter instead of the circa half a cm that it should be.

So we've been living in hospital for over a week now and dealing with the various setbacks that have occurred, like being unable to administer nutrition without a second round of surgery. So we've been by her bed pretty much non stop, doing syringe feeding, monitoring her condition, etc. However, the last 24 hours have seen massive progress and she is now breast feeding for the first time, off morphine and all but one of the antibiotics, moved to a lower risk nursery in the neonatal ICU etc.

Potential downside is 90 percent of babies with meconium ileus have cystic fibrosis. Not exactly the cf I thought she might one day be exposed to! We have to wait about another week for genetic test results to find out though.

So I didn't get the easy part it sounds like you enjoyed. On the bright side I now never begrudge having to change diapers!

Got to say that regardless of how this works out it is a great advert for our taxpayer funded health service. The things they've managed for the other babies here are amazing. Some weighed just over 500 grams at birth and are now ready to go home, apparently in great health.
70889, Holy #### man
CF is a ####ty thing for parents and so much ####tier for an infant. I really hope the ileus was symptomatic only and cf isn't confirmed. All the best to you and your little princess.
70890, Very sorry to hear this
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I cannot imagine. I'm glad she's getting better, though! I wish you all the best.
70891, That's really ####ty and I'm hoping all the best for you.
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I also agree on your comments about the NHS. I really wouldn't want to be somewhere without it.
70904, CF it is
Damn you delta 508 x 2. 😒
70905, I'm with you man
Harsh as it sounds, I'd aim for more kids a.s.a.p. Otherwise you'll burn yourself away.
70774, RE: Chamst retires...
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congratulations! I found I had a tonne of free time up until around 6-7 months. And progressively less from there. Best of luck.
70773, RE: Chamst retires...
Posted by Igos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some of those deaths you ate were surprisingly vicious. I didn't expect you to keep rolling the dice but you did. Kudos and congrats on the new addition to your family!

P.S. Pretty sure Tsal would have had my number.