Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThrym
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=69990
69990, Thrym
Posted by Awkward Rager on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Have you ever considered making it so that battleragers can request from Thrym? It seems silly that they have to kill him for the skull sword and trophy belt. They would be subject to all the usual request drawbacks, mostly that they are immobile for a couple ticks, right near the empire, so I don't think it's too much a free gift.

Food for thought!
70010, RE: Thrym
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This isn't a bad idea, but it's likely that the code doesn't currently support cabal-based request. If that's the case, then this probably won't ever happen for the simple reason that the staff considers coding effort to be better spent elsewhere.

For instance, finishing up a new playable class, fixing bugs, coding up tattoos for newly minted immortal religions, etc.
70016, Or may break other parts of the game, unintentionally.
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have long wondered what the gear on the named rager mobs in the village was like, yet never had the balls to kill them.
69991, Pretty battleragerish
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He who bests the best, gets the best loot.
69993, RE: Pretty battleragerish
Posted by Awkward Rager on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's not at all how battleragers are. Like, totally the opposite. A rager wouldn't kill another rager (and Thrym is a rager) for gear. Ever.
69994, That's if you kill him for gear
But you kill him to prove you're the best. And take the prize.
70006, Or, a better IC reason.
Posted by Grallon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You have never once seen him defend the Village from assault. You have seen good villagers fall to a full council of the empire, and Thrym has been too busy killing lowbie mage to even bother defending the Village.
I'm calling you out, Brother. It's been too long you have lived a life of ease away from the war, you have gotten soft. I will burn away your weskness whether you like it or not, Chump......BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!!
70009, You really don’t get Battle
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
70011, Oh I get it
It's suckers who die to trip all the time.
70013, And bloodthirst no matter what, right? ;) nt
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
70017, Exactly! NT
NT
70014, Zah is a great example of a battlerager.
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Please refresh my memory. How many times has he died to trip?