Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIs it acceptable to have chars in different clans?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=69985
69985, Is it acceptable to have chars in different clans?
Posted by Curious newbie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean at the same time.

What are the restrictions?
Leader positions?
Opposite clans?
69986, RE: Is it acceptable to have chars in different clans?
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It is allowed.

Beyond that, the rules come down to Immortal discretion as to whether you’re taking advantage of outside knowledge to your advantage (jumping between characters, scouting, etc).

Generally the only other issue is that we try not to let one player hold multiple limited positions (leader in different cabals, elite Empire spots, etc), but those situations have typically amounted to requiring one or the other to step down.
69989, RE: Is it acceptable to have chars in different clans?
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also, for a leader, one of the big criteria is simply being present. If you're splitting time between two (or more) different characters, then it could prove difficult to log enough hours on your leader character to keep the position.

Personally, I recommend playing only one character at a time.
69992, Can't be in opposing cabals though, right?
Posted by Relio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I rolled an Imperial after I had an Outlander. Was going to let Outlander auto, hadn't played it since rolling Imperial, but an immortal sent me a tell saying I had to pick one.
69995, Of course you can
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Certain imperial imm likes emperors to be the only characters though.
69997, RE: Can't be in opposing cabals though, right?
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wasn't aware of any policy against having characters in two opposing cabals. If one of them were in a leader position that would definitely raise some red flags. Otherwise, I'm a little surprised you were taken aside and told to delete your Outlander.