Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectCF Community
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=69490
69490, CF Community
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I apologize if this has been answered before...

Can we get a link to QHCF on the log-in screen? Label it "unofficial" if need be. But, it's a tremendous resource for new players. Especially for the maps on the wiki.
69491, How about just a link to the wiki?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The QHCF forums themselves are a useless ####fest.
69495, Lots of people have found lots of help on the forums.
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just because you've argued with some people about really moot stuff doesn't mean everything there is a !!!!fest.
69496, Everything there is a ####fest.
Shut up, Frosty.
69497, Take it to Hello Murphy Link to the Wiki Island
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
69499, Unmotivated.
NT
69500, I've never been so insulted in all my life.
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can you not appreciate the sheer autistic garbage?!

It captures the essence of the ####fest! The unyielding
retardation of qhcf! How can you be so cruel?!

IT IS MY MASTERPIECE!
69501, I appreciate it.
But it's not my appreciation that matters :)
69502, It's not everyone else's fault that you complain so much.
Stop trying to bring everyone else down. It doesn't help anything.
69504, Stop complaining about my complaining.
Your troll has no effect on me anymore.
69505, Not trolling, just being honest.
You complain a lot. I'm not trolling, and if you think I am that's on you. Nobody is perfect. It's okay to not be perfect. Anyway, you lied when you said the forums are useless. They're actually VERY useful. Even if you haven't found them to be, many other people have.

-cheers
69515, Nope.
1) you're not being honest, you are a malicious, evil troll
2) qhcf has useful info but it is buried underneath a mountain of vitriol
3) I have found qhcf useful at times, but a newbie will not
69516, RE: Nope.
A. nope, you kinda sound like antifa when you talk like this
2. you just described the internet
d. They have, do, and will continue to as long as they continue to ask questions.

cheers
69517, You make dios what it is, too.
And like I said before, I'm explaining not complaining.

Why would I complain about dios when I can just stop reading it...
69518, We like to have fun.
There is a lot of light-hearted joking, it's not all vitriol and venom spewing. I've helped lots of people there, and I've also seen you be helpful there.

Yes, saying "The QHCF forums themselves are a useless ####fest" is a complaint. It's not a praise, and it's definitely not a neutral statement.
69520, Fun at the expense of others.
It used to be what you describe, but you and Matrik and a few others ruined it. Now it's just a hate soup and a pile of people arguing about full looting and alleged Russian cheaters and Trump.

As for me voicing a non-neutral opinion, of course nothing I ever say sounds neutral to you -- for some reason you follow me around on forums and try to be a personal contrarian.

I don't even particularly care about QHCF *existing*. But keep the newbies away from there. It's not friendly and it's not light-hearted.
69519, To be fair,
Posted by Seriphax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To someone that doesn’t know that most of dios has known one another for the last 20 years it would look a lot like vitriol rather than some lighthearted joking. If you want to appeal to new people, then it’s best to be as indivisive as possible. If someone asked me if that forum was divisive or not, I would say read with caution.

Sure, there are several instances where people have received good advice or help. You can also throw a stone with a blindfold on and expect to hit some old player who hasn’t rolled a character in 5 years ####ting all over and suggesting it’s a waste of time or some other complaint. It’s at times much less constructive than looking for the same thing here. That said I wouldn’t shun it entirely by any means, as it’s another place where the community comes together, but I would agree that it would be more helpful to players just starting out to see the wiki well before they see dios. The main site is linked on the help page of the official website, that should be easy enough to find for the curious.