Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectOk, here's an idea...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68451
68451, Ok, here's an idea...
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've played my share of shifters. I have lots of suggestions to improve/tweak them, but one occurred to me recently that I think would make them much more exciting and "fresh" to play...

Any shifter (or only chaotic ones) can choose not to choose a major/minor/both focus.

This would result in their forms being chosen at random from any focus.

So, you might get an air 4th tier, offensive 3rd, water 2nd, defensive top tier form for example.

Obviously some outcomes would be more or less ideal, but no one has to go this path.

How about it?
68455, I like it
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even more gamblous than it is now.
68454, Great idea.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is a pretty ingenious idea. Wish I'd thought of it. Gives you a chance at a little bit of everything. I think the enlivens should go off the top tier form as they're typically the ones that get used the most. Though I don't know how this would work in practice, as it is, I think that forms are decided as soon as you pick the foci, so a new bit of code would have to be implemented, maybe a 3rd foci option rather than major or minor, just an "aimless" focus that uses the form deciding code to pick from all focus categories.
68452, RE: Ok, here's an idea...
Posted by Rodriguez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interesting...
What about the greater enlivens?
68453, RE: Ok, here's an idea...
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You get the major enliven set that matches your random top tier major form.

or, since you can still roll the bones, maybe it would be better to get the set that matches your 1st random form.