Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectLightforge
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68435
68435, Lightforge
Posted by Imperial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Am I the only one, who is tired of being zapped with dispel scrolls, damnation, wrath, and talisman of pebble and so forth? I mean, its like having rangers, thiefs and so on running around with shaman powers...

Just my two cents.
68437, RE: Lightforge
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If they are spending their time using those scrolls/wands instead of other things that are more likely to kill you in a 1v1, then they are doing you a favor. If they are ganging you down then the lightforge scrolls probably don't change the outcome anyway. Pretty much everything that exists in a lightforge scroll can have the same affect occur with a non lightforge scroll.
68438, RE: Lightforge
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are a few circumstances where lightforge provides something that's "PK optimal". Not sure those circumstances are what this guy is talking about, but they do exist.
68439, A cabal power that is actually useful, huh?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shocking.
Now if only imperial powers were up to par... oh wait.
68440, RE: A cabal power that is actually useful, huh?
The weapons are useful if you're not already rocking highly limited stuff. I was just talking about the consumable magic items.

The annoying thing about light forge is that usually you're looking for a single wand/talisman/scroll out of several different possibilities. So unless you get lucky you end up spending a bunch of time forging stuff, identifying it, then throwing it away. It's like the old Masters power "brew" in that respect.
68442, Yes, and they crumble, right?
So you can't make a stack of the ones you need in advance.
68445, RE: Yes, and they crumble, right?
They do crumble, but the duration is pretty long. The crumbling is more of a problem with weapons. There's no obvious timer, so once you've had a pair for a while you start to worry they'll crumble in the middle of a fight. So you end up forging new ones "early" to avoid that happening.
68441, Haha. Yeah. That was my initial reaction.
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
An imperial bitching about fort powers? Damn
68443, Might have to do with Fort rolling deep lately
Looking at cabalwars, all cabals (Empire included) have like 4-8 members, Outlander has 12 and Fort has 24.
68446, RE: Might have to do with Fort rolling deep lately
Fort always seems to have a ton of members, the majority of whom are playing alts and/or are in the process of auto-deleting. Though, yeah, at the moment they have a decent number that are active.
68447, RE: Might have to do with Fort rolling deep lately
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah well, there's not much incentive to share a cabal with Glikhardiz now is there?
68448, He's pretty muligrubant. n/t
Posted by Seriphax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
68449, RE: He's pretty muligrubant. n/t
I really want to roll an Empire bard and just march around blasting this out via the "music" command:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC8tZ93avSQ
68444, I want lightforged pills & potions
Holy marshmallows roasted over phoenix fire.
68436, Bash the thieves, offhand disarm the wand and talisman users...or bash them too.
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's never really been a problem as there are lots of counters.