Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDepending on interest I will be starting a CF inspired Ark server cluster
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68234
68234, Depending on interest I will be starting a CF inspired Ark server cluster
Posted by Pro1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It will be inspired only so much in that it will have a fantasy theme and pre-canned conflict.

I welcome some of you to join once CF closes it's doors. I think that day is comming soon so I'll just leave this here.
68237, What is an Ark server cluster? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
68297, See Ark Survival Evolved.
Posted by Pro1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am slowly fleshing out a linked series of Ark Maps.

The Island, The Center, Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, and perhaps an Aztech themed one.

They are clustered so that you can move from one to the other in order to explore, raid, gather rescources and craft certain items. There are not many set ups with this many maps and it may cost me upwards of a couple hundred a month to run it so I'm still in the research and Development stage and recruiting interested admins.

I have different species and strains of humans in mind that are common to specific maps.

I am trying to adjust spawns to more acuratly mirror a workable environment and I have RP enforced restrictions and bonuses for each.

For example. Giants are strong, have high melee and can only ride certain sized animals. Modern humans known as Miltechs are stranded scientists/Soldiers and do not have the ability to use engrams (skills learned as you advance) Nor can they tame animals. But they can use blue prints to fabricate even Future Texh if they find it. So they are very weak but can become the most powerful both in PK and trade wealth. They could trade generators and fuel in exchange for a pet animal to mount and ride for instance.

Anyway. It's comming along.