Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSomething I meant to say a while ago...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=67434
67434, Something I meant to say a while ago...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which IMM nerfed the pincer staff?

I was shocked at how infrequent it progged when I had it with Brondalorm. I spoke with other polearm users and was told it was the same for them.

Went from seeing it 2 out of every 10 rounds...to seeing it prog 2 out of every 100 rounds.

Pretty big untalked about nerf, IMHO.
67451, pincer staff prog
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I see a note in the change log in June, 2015 that its frequency was toned down "a tiny bit"; I don't know what the frequency was before the tweak, so I don't know how much "a tiny bit" is.
67455, TMNS notices everything
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He's like the eye of Sauron sitting atop Mount Doom.
67457, Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul. NT
MWUAHAHAHAHA
67458, Thanks.
I'm not even sure I don't agree with the how often it progs now.

If I really had to choose, I'd say it did it too much before and it doesn't do it enough now.

Probably doesn't help at all, but yep.
67459, I agree.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was horribly OP before. It's almost useless now.

Somewhere in between would be nice.
67449, I found it strange too
Posted by SideStrider on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had while I was running around with Vhilhaxdun, but didn't particularly see the draw of it. Never really seemed to do a whole lot. Saw it proc. a few times, but the claw damage was just bleh, so I ditched it.

Granted I had been on receiving end of it, but had never actually had the weapon beforehand. I still ended up being confused as to why some many people coveted it when a large assortment of other polearms seemed to function better for me. That could have had something to do with being a giant and higher average weapons performed better for me.
67437, Unless it happened 5+ years ago...
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would guess the answer would be no one. Its pretty unlikely that a change like that would occur with there being no discussion/commentary made about it.
67445, I'm inclined to believe you....
...since no IMM has ever stated a preference for changing the prog on the item...

But evidence in the last year or so says something happened. I could go through my logs and post stuff (Laesron and then Brondalorm) but honestly, I don't think I'm going to play a polearm spec again for at least a year so yeah.
67450, RE: I'm inclined to believe you....
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could have been a general change that nerfed the frequency at which progged items fire.
67435, Because felar
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT