Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectOvert Malice/ Keri Waza edges
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=67136
67136, Overt Malice/ Keri Waza edges
Posted by Curious on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am curious about the overt malice edge specifically. The helpfile is as follows.

OVERT MALICE
Assassins with this edge who stand proudly in the open (foregoing any
subterfuge or stealth) enjoy increased damage to the various kicks taught by
their society.

I thought I read somewhere about you not getting any effect if you had stalked someone before the fight. But this makes it sound like if you have hidden, or camoflauged as well. Con I get any confirmation here? Losing stalk is an interesting tradeoff for a damage edge to kicks. I am curious how significant it is. Also, does anyone know the prereqs?

Also curious if the Master of Keri Waza edge is just a damage increase as well, or more than that. Helpfile makes it sound like it might actually alter kicks somehow? Less lag, more damage, etc?
Hard to give up Nage Waza for keri waza if it's just a slight damage bump.

Thanks.
67140, I had both as Zqoemoa
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My experience:

Overt malice is increased damage when no stalks.
Keri-Waza increased hit rate (less misses).
67139, RE: Overt Malice/ Keri Waza edges
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Huh? Where in the helpfile does it suggest anything other than increase kick damage? Not saying it doesn't do more than that, but I can't see it in the helpfile that you've posted. That's pretty clearly talking about damage and no other change.
67144, RE: Overt Malice/ Keri Waza edges
Posted by Tronimal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Huh? Where in the helpfile does it suggest anything other
>than increase kick damage? Not saying it doesn't do more than
>that, but I can't see it in the helpfile that you've posted.
>That's pretty clearly talking about damage and no other
>change.

I was talking about keri waza with the workings concerning things other than damage. Overt Malice does pretty clearly state it's just damage. I just wondered whether the act of using stealth at all negated the effects. Or if it's just talking about not having any stalks accrued.
67138, I had Keri Waza before
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It made my kicks almost never miss, whereas normally they have a significant miss chance. I don't have any quantitative data on damage increase.