Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSo... Unpredictable Edge...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=67048
67048, So... Unpredictable Edge...
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is there something I'm missing, or is it simply THAT expensive? If so, why is it so expensive when it's literally only good for one thing?

Can I get a list of races that cannot get this edge? I know my storm giant, Haimenacae, couldn't.
67089, RE: So... Unpredictable Edge...
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
IIRC there are a couple requirements on top of what discuss prereq describes, possibly including a very small amount of Imm XP.

It's not terribly expensive, either. The edge points one gets for reaching 51, getting leadership, hitting the first tier of cabal retrievals, reaching old age, or getting a tattoo individually are all enough to take the edge with points left over. It's less expensive than almost every class-specific edge anyone bothers to take.
67090, Now this is the response I've been waiting for.
Thanks, you've given me something to think about.
67051, RE: So... Unpredictable Edge...
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hate the overuse of the word "literally". Especially when the statement isn't true.

Unpredictable is good vs both warriors with Stsf, and assassins with martial trance.

And that's quite a lot of your enemies that would otherwise be much more dangerous to you, with most builds.

I'm not sure if orderly chars can take it and there might be an int requirement.
67055, There's also anticipate NT
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
67079, You'd think that
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But monks didn't seem to have trouble anticipating my moves.
67078, Orderly can not take the edge
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure about other requirements.

It's a pretty decent edge in its niche, and I took it a few times and didn't think it was that expensive of an edge.
67084, You took it pre or post edge nerf?
I think that matters a lot in the context of my questions and statements.

Also, I'm not orderly.