Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectQuestion regarding evade.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=65599
65599, Question regarding evade.
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I understand coders are short right now (with departure of Umiron), but I THINK (capitalize think becuase I'm only partially sure) Scar has a bit of experience with it.

But since evade checks before EVERYTHING, I feel that we might need a small change, so it checks if someone can see someone before evade checks, ie ambush and piercing gaze. It was a recent log of a ranger trying to ambush emperor, and it checked the evade first, so it started the combat which got him killed. (Now I don't know everything regarding background, maybe Empire didn't have codex, so take this with a grain of salt). As some who's best midbie PK class is ranger, I know how frustrating that can be, someone who can see you.
65610, RE: Question regarding evade.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It should be easy enough to designate certain combat-initiating skills to bail earlier if the victim can't see the attacker, or at the very least provide a special case for ambush. I imagine the way things work is just an oversight or whoever implemented evade didn't particularly care that rangers wouldn't always get the free "don't bother, they can see you" safety check as it were.
65613, Well, 90% of the time rangers use waylay
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and it then begins combat whether the victim can see the ranger or not.
65608, How do you know the Emperor had piercing up?
Posted by FormerEmp on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Regardless of that the bigger issue here is that someone snared should lack the movement to evade anything.
65628, This
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Constrained, sleeping, KO = no evade.
65631, I agree so hard...
So, so hard.
65602, You say that as if it's a bad thing.
Yes, it got him killed, so what? Something to learn from.
65603, I know it's something to learn from..
but I also know the code can be terrible to work with (I've dabbled a bit in C++). But I also wanted to bring to their attention, in case it is by design or just a weird working of code, and even if they can't change it, it's ok. I didn't want it to sound like whining, even it if it might of (I'm also pretty drunk right now.) So yeah, all that.
65606, It's been discussed to death.
Difficult to fix and not worth the effort.
65607, Didn't realize it had already been discussed and stuff. NT
NT
65605, I half meant to reply to sam with that other post....NT
NT
65601, Look, if opponents can evade skills you can't possibly do...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...the code is probably some terrible horrific nightmare that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
65600, RE: Question regarding evade.
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Think you are meant to be able to evade that stuff. Just rare. Consider it light feeling to motion or noticing a change in the light, so you move.
65604, idk...
It seems odd, though. I personally feel it should check if they can see you first...but that's just my personal feeling. I'd love to hear the Imms input on this.