Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectOrc Village armors/equipment
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=65068
65068, Orc Village armors/equipment
Posted by Goblin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was wondering... Doesn't it make sense that the orc only stuff in the GS Village can be used by goblins too? I was wondering if that was a plan?

Thanks!
65069, Eh
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean from the IC sense they are built (stuff like size) very different from one another so armor exclusive to one won't work for the other. The mechanical side of it would be that you can't have an item be set for 2 different race_only and the only other option would be to open the orc only gear into being eligible to all evils.

65070, Obviously there needs to be more gob_only stuffs!
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Like gob_only bows made of iron and with a piercing attack that can be bloodsteeped.

In all seriousness though, there should be a way to bloodsteep with a bow... Like flaming arrow and poison arrow, only... bloodsteep arrow (for a small amount of damage).

Also goblin's skillset is weird as ####. Trip being sized based hurts... kind of a lot.

Mounts are f'ing awesome though.
65075, They'll die out soon anyway
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So why care? :)
65087, I find your lack of quality commentary Disturbing.
You are bad and you should feel bad. :)
65089, I blame this on your lack of understanding
It's true I make a joke out of almost each of my comments, but that does not mean that they are meaningless. The meaning of this one is:

Goblins are a seasonal race, so going out of their way to code something for a race that is only played for 2 months in a year and amounts to 0,001% of total player time is a bad bad bad time investment for immortals, which they will never take unless threatened with lethal concequences.

Now you owe me five bucks for saving your brain the energy of understanding a conversation. Because energy efficiency does not come for free.
65093, you're right
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We should add some more goblin_only gear. There is a mini-area in the planning stages that will add some very helpful goblin gear; in the meantime we can probably supplement the options, however.

I haven't looked at how bloodsteep works to consider how reasonable it would be to use arrows for the ritual.
65094, RE: you're right
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mini area! With goblins?
Tell me dwunot's ambition paid off and the self proclaimed king of silverwood is making a comeback.

65080, RE: Eh
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some elf-only flagged items can be worn by dark-elf or elf depending on the align restriction(If I'm not mis-remembering).

Perhaps if it's something you want to do, you could copy that mechanic or make it clan-only so a goblin could use it if they joined the clan.

May be more trouble than it's worth.
65088, RE: Eh
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Elves in CF are all approx the same size though, approx 6ish feet same lean build etc. It makes sense for them to wear the same "size and style" of armor whether they are wood-elf high-elf or dark-elf.

Orcs are closer to the size of giants (size large) and goblins are gnome sized (size small). It makes no sense for them to wear the same size armor if one is custom fabricated for the either race.
65090, Mechanicwise
All elves are the same race, but differ in align, because race+align combination is actually a unique race combination. There is no way to make it for goblins, unless you restrict their evil alignment so that orcs are ORC+EVIL and goblins are ORC+NEUTRAL, which is not the case.

P.S. No I did not steal the code, this is purely my conclusion from what Umiron and Destuvius have said in the past.
65086, RE: Eh
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I believe maybe the the better path might be some Goblin-only armors that would fit the raider class well as Tac had suggested.

I have to say that the class is really interesting and I am enjoying it more than I have any other classes I have played recently so great work on the Goblins! Just as a hope for the future I would love to see some more Goblin only equipment.

Thanks!