Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIdea for earning edge points
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=64893
64893, Idea for earning edge points
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I played a mage, I had more interactions with people, had to make allies, had to go places I otherwise wouldn't, etc. to get sleek rods.

It was entertaining when there wasn't anything else to do as well.

So, since the code is there, why not make it so guildmasters can give people mini-quests to earn edgepoints like the ones mages do to get their rods?

They can do them alone for fewer EP (like sienna rods) or take the tough ones for a greater reward..and enlist others to help and help others with their quests.

Seems like a fun way to earn them and give people an excuse to work together and get out of their guilds/cabals even when no one else is around.
64905, Cool Idea.. but...stxt
Posted by Warren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But again, something that can be farmed.

Something more objective and that puts everyone on an even playing field overtime might be something easier to do?

Best I idea around INHO is:

X EP per 5/10 levels.
X EP per 25/50 hours.

Really simple to code...

and,

This encourages longer lived players, and older characters get stronger then brand new characters (as they should)...

and, most importantly,

Provides an objective basis for awarding edge points and takes any and all conspiracy possibilities out of the equation.

64920, I like this idea. nt
nt
64900, Hmm, kinda like WoW dailies.
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could be pretty fun. I've considered trying for staff to help code, but I kinda suck at roleplay and creative stuff so I think I wouldn't ever make it so never tried.
64894, Who's going to code your idea? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
64895, I will, though the base code is already there. n/t
nt
64901, No you won't
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You like posting on forums too much :(