Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectShaman Locate Object
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=64438
64438, Shaman Locate Object
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is this change including revelation path shaman? That was one of the big perks of that path. If so were they given anything to compensate?
64564, RE: Shaman Locate Object
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hopefully every staff member and player can see, acknowledge, and appreciate that the game is all about give and take, and that compromise and middle ground exists everywhere in the design and progression of CF.

So let's wait and see how transmuters and shamans are compensated.
64565, you mean with something like shaman paths?
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your entitlement is showing.
64566, Locating bodyparts was op n/t
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
64568, Nut up. (n/t)
gr
64497, RE: Shaman Locate Object
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never thought locate object made sense for transmuters or, post-revamp, for shaman. So there's that. But I'm also willing to admit that I probably wouldn't have bothered to actually make the change if it weren't for how cheesy I think locating body parts and other things is. But the change is *not* a direct response to that, it was just enough motivation to make things work the way I (and others) have thought they should for a while, versus leaving it alone for the sake of placating players.
64509, versus leaving it alone for the sake of placating players
*sigh*
64524, Although I tend to like this particular change
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
the concept of "not taking something w/o giving something in return" I like even more :)
64540, RE: Shaman Locate Object
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just out of interest, was it recognised that this change makes stealth classes and outlanders stronger? Not only do they include some already strong combos but now tribs will be even less likely to retrieve without a small army to mitigate the risk of a chamo gang. Which then means solitary outtie defenders have a gang to face.'

Could this be a good point to let tribs and outties see all the enemy cabal members on their who list from within their own cabal hq? Or let the cabal inners tell them who is around?
64541, Nut up. (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asd
64570, Druids can locate body parts iirc?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I figured out that body parts counted as natural? Been a while though so not sure
64572, Really?
Posted by FanatiC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That would be insane if they were able to do that. They already have a lot of utility as is.
64573, Are you trying to get animism nerfed as well? (nt)
gr
64440, RE: Shaman Locate Object
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Based on the comment, it is all shaman who lost locate. I doubt there is anything going to be given as a compensation because they did not lose any of the additional sups that are directly tied to the path.
64441, Ew. That is the only reason I liked that path. n/t
gr
64478, RE: Shaman Locate Object
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Based on the comment, it is all shaman who lost locate.

Shaman lost locate object? Dislike!
64481, Mutiny aboard a ship? :)
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:)
64489, Maybe give blessed divination as compensation
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could it be done to change shaman locate to Blessed Divination?
Light gets to sense blessed/goodly aura items
Evil get to sense evil aura items.

Maybe general locate might be too much, but sensing something with those restrictions might be a good compromise to make people accept the change.

I just always have the theory certain people role characters just to have as a locater for their real characters. Granted, I also see the value in being able to locate a hider based on something carried, or an item that is a pain in the ass to reach, so you wouldn't bother unless you knew it was there.

Just a thought?
64496, I think it's because it 'unbalances' the PVP game
Posted by Rokhwar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dislike the change (as a shaman obviously) but, having played both shaman and transmuter...Finding out where people are ranking by locating random body parts is incredibly easy, and potentially I can see their argument for removing it.

I'd like to see locate object come back to both classes, but maybe just flag body parts (guts/hearts/brains/etc) to no-locate?
64498, Blessed divination sort of solves that
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But if I read Umi's response correctly, he and others think it's sort of cheesy to locate not just body parts (to find people ranking and pk them) but also items.

Blessed divination would eliminate the finding body parts problem since body parts are not good/evil/blessed far as I know, but I think they generally dislike too wide an array of people being able to just use locate to find gear (in relative safety such as from a cabal, guild or the Inn) without having to actually go look and put themselves in harms way a little.

I just figured blessed divination actually does make sense from a shaman perspective (at least a goodly one since paladins get it), while general locate object probably does not.
64515, Could always sac the body parts after NPC death.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been doing it since 2006.
64591, RE: I'm curious here
Posted by vorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I dislike the change (as a shaman obviously) but, having
>played both shaman and transmuter...Finding out where people
>are ranking by locating random body parts is incredibly easy,
>and potentially I can see their argument for removing it.

Not familiar at all with the spell/commune Locate Object and I'm curious to know how people use it to locate where people are ranking?
64595, Body parts randomly fall off of mobs when they're killed.
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Unless they're being sacrificed, dropping a couple hundred mana to locate alinks possible parts made it simple to locate a ranking group.