Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectLooks unrealistic.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=64187
64187, Looks unrealistic.
Posted by Shapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After you blind the NPC it can still do direct moves (trip, dirt, bash, tail attack, whatever) on the group members other than the one who take blows from this NPC.

It's very unrealistic because:
- PC for example can only do combat moves/spells/communes on the one who takes blows from him/her when this PC is blind;
- overall it's very unrealistic since NPC cannot even see nobody other than the one who take blows from him/her.

Suggestions:
1. It's very huge project because you need to set immunities to blind/dirt/eyejab/flash/whatever on all big NPCs in CF.
2. Or just make it impossible and let people explore many areas and kill many mobs. There were many complains from players after NPCs began using combat skills/spells/communers on every group member who stands in the same room. This change could solve that and many other problems and finally let people have best EQ in CF.
64199, RE: Looks unrealistic.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Please bug board a log (or two) of this occurring. Mobs that dirt/bash/disarm/etc. should not select targets they cannot see.
64200, I assumed this was a balance thing
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since mobs don't take precautions against being blinded, won't flee if dirt kicked etc.
64204, RE: I assumed this was a balance thing
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NPCs can perform skills for multiple reasons. Most of the basic skills they use (e.g., dirt kick, disarm, etc.) are the result of flags that area authors can set on them. In this case, if they're performing those skills on people they cannot see and that they aren't directly fighting then that would be a bug.

Fight progs and some other things are a case-by-case basis that I'm not really concerned about.