Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDrehir Deletion?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=64163
64163, Drehir Deletion?
Posted by Drehir Follower on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So,

According to twitter Drehir deleted? Is this perhaps a mistake with the twitter feed? If not, it really sucks - I really enjoy my interactions with him and he (was) pretty active.

I can see below the battlefield is broken, If he did delete I will most definitely post on his thread when it comes up.

I do have a question now, as I am in a situation that I have never been in. As an empowered character with tasks, and a progress plan - now that my patron is potentially gone...what do I do?
64202, While we're on the subject of missing imms.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is Emnon gone for good too?
64203, He is gone for the moment at least
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Before a certain level, even IMM chars are not exempt from auto deletion due to not logging on for 30 days.
64168, Four Options
Posted by Adira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having had a Drehir tattoed follower, I feel your pain, and I'm sorry. Here are your options.

If fully empowered:

Option (1): Keep trucking, RP the connection with Drehir and continue to see your web expand. I wouldn't bet on IMM exp, so you will eventually be handicapped against other characters in the long run, since IMM exp is directly tied to how well your character can potentially perform - as well as access to better areas in the game.

Option (2): Delete, because of Edge and area issues handicapping you.

If not fully empowered:

Option (1): Delete immediately and follow an active IMM. Don't waste anymore time.

Option (2): Play for another 100 hours, then get so angry and frustrated that you post on the forums about solutions, then get ridiculed/flamed on the forums, then perhaps one of your OTHER characters gets punished by Avderlain for any reason they can think of, THEN you delete.

Obviously, take with a grain of salt.

64172, RE: Four Options
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Obviously, take with a grain of salt.

Better make it a half a grain in this case.
64184, RE: Four Options
Lol. Likely.

Just experience.

64271, Option five seems cool too. Good job.
n/t
64164, RE: Drehir Deletion?
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He did delete. He'll show up on the Battlefield once it's fixed along with a lot of other characters, presumably. He (and anyone else who deleted) are welcome to just go ahead and start their own threads too.

As for your character, it probably depends on where you're at. Continue to prays/notes and I imagine someone will make sure you aren't forgotten. The only thing that's probably a certainty is another immortal player giving you Drehir's tattoo.
64165, RE: Drehir Deletion?
Posted by Drehir Follower on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you,

From an IC perspective my character should not be aware that Drehir has "passed" as it were - right?
64166, I'd say any priest should feel death of his deity
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well at least fantasy books say so.
64169, IC they do not die.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They just move their attention away.
Similarly when a new imm appears it doesn't mean they are a newcomer IC.

EDIT: In fact, even when a mortal deletes it doesn't have to mean they died, despite what the battlefield says.
64176, No.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Anyone who writes a note to the cabal to save face and is like 'AYE LADS, goin' to m' farm an' retirin' from th' war te protect m' family, heard there was demons in th' barn!'

Yeah no, if I'm that guys cabalmate and I saw he deleted I'm saying he killed himself in shame and didn't go to azurefields.
64178, No.
They may have run away from their duties but it still doesn't have to mean they died.

The whole "killed himself" saying just almost never makes sense IC.
64179, You're just mad because Laeden killed himself. n/t
gr
64180, He died of old age, as far as I remember.
I rarely delete chars these days, unless they are clearly not working for me at all. Now, you, I don't remember playing many characters to the end.
64181, He killed himself with age. I've age died plenty. n/t
gr
64182, I know. You also deleted plenty.
It's no matter, I just learned something and I don't want to continue this conversation.
64183, =) n/t
gr
64167, RE: Drehir Deletion?
Posted by stlucian1992 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could be a cool RP angle since he is a believer of faith and death. You are tied to him in many ways so I'm sure IC you're character could "Feel" the tug at his patrons coil.