Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectNew feature.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=64015
64015, New feature.
Posted by Shapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could you implement edge forget command? It will remove edge from your edges and give back edge points spent on buying this edge.

Can be used only 3-5 times per character's life.

This way we don't need to play the same combo again and again to test and choose right edges. Also some people just accidentally take an edge once in few character's lives.

Please :)
64022, RE: New feature.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would never do this for a couple of reasons:

1) I think it's really cheesy.

2) A number of edges aren't just on or off, and would require special case code to carefully "undo" them.
64018, RE: New feature.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too many situational edges this would be abused for.
Bard rep edges, zombie fighter are obvious ones where you would likely only need depending on pk situation. Some edges are relally good because there are so niche. Your proposal makes that a non issue.

Stop trying to min max and just play.
64019, Diminishing returns fiix that
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
64016, Eh
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If anything (and its still probably never going to happen) I could get behind a feature that lets you forget an edge for a partial return of EP that comes at a limited use.

Also, how do you accidentally pick an edge? The input for edge selection is one of the ugliest things on the mud.
64017, Booze makes all kinds if accidents happen
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
64021, I'd support this request
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With Tsal I took "unholy slavemaster" edge, but then realised that even with the edge, and over 100 charges, whip was decidedly underwhelming as an unholy weapon these days.

Consequently I would have loved to got rid of that edge.

Last time I played a whip ap both whip and the edge were great, so it's not as if you can test these things out, as they change without you being aware.