Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectNew Dynamics for Classes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63825
63825, New Dynamics for Classes
Posted by amazingdonnie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just wondering if the staff has any plans or would consider some new additions to existing classes.

I feel like a lot of players might not have the interest they once had because 'it's all been done' so to speak.

I'd personally love to see normally added new additions to existing classes.

New legacies, new forms, a new thief skill here and there, a new assassin "master" edge, new shaman path etc. Just some things to spice up the current classes. I mean, look at how successful Shapeshifter halloween forms were. People loved to try something new.

I understand this takes a degree of coding effort that may be limited for all I know, but i think small but frequent changes would be very positive for the game in this respect.

63826, RE: New Dynamics for Classes
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even small changes like this can take a lot of work, particularly for balancing. That and coder hours are always at a premium, particularly with Umiron on sabbatical.

That said, I'm sure things like this will come about.
63843, This excuse is tired...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I'm tired of hearing it.

There hasn't been a truly active coder for CF for something like a decade. Either fix what is preventing you from having one, or accept that CF is no longer under active development.
63845, Right.
Posted by Drehir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure what you think Umiron, Valguarnera, Daevryn, and Scarabaeus were doing with all the bug fixes, additional updates to the game, and even website updates that are clearly posted on the Announcements forum, but I am fairly sure your definition of an active coder is different than mine.

I personally would like to thank these coders for the hard work and time they put into this game. Thanks guys!
63849, RE: Right.
Posted by Kharne on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And don't forget the best of all. The big Z!
63850, Yep! The Z man too.
Posted by Drehir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sure there were multiple others over the life of CF too.
63847, That being said
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You do realize that you sound pretty immaturely, considering this is the awesome game that you don't pay to play for? :)
63866, RE: New Dynamics for Classes
Posted by The Heretic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>CAN< be a lot of work. Don't go for perfection. Constant change and improvement is needed for CF. IMHO, this need overrules balance concerns. Don't allow command denial skills/spells and that would mitigate most balance issues.

If I had time to sink into the game I'd like to create a mechanism in the high tower where any mage could quest for any spell they could imagine. There would be downsides since unrefined magic is always dangerous and unpredictable, but it would probably crowdsource some cool spells. I wouldn't need any coding assistance to do this.

But I don't foresee this ever happening as I believe the controlling parties of CF are too conservative.