Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectReporting rule breaking and RP breaking.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63759
63759, Reporting rule breaking and RP breaking.
Posted by Relio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe should make separate posts for these questions, but, I'll give it a shot this way.

1. Someone has a name violation. They are like "Poopface the Brawler." Do we pray about that?

2. Someone sends you a straight OOC tell, like "You're Funnyone/Necro/Jalim you <explitive> I hate you!" Is that a pray thing, or ignore it thing, or what?

3. A rager app trips my opposite alignment, non-enemy character to death. My character doesn't care, but as a player I obviously recognize that's behavior that shouldn't be going on. Pray? OOC note?

4. Same thing as 3, but someone blatantly breaks Imperial Law.

5. Maybe just some general guidelines would be nice for how we can help make the policing process easier without sounding like whiny bitches.

Thanks.
63767, RE: Reporting rule breaking and RP breaking.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Maybe should make separate posts for these questions, but,
>I'll give it a shot this way.
>
>1. Someone has a name violation. They are like "Poopface the
>Brawler." Do we pray about that?

Yes.

>2. Someone sends you a straight OOC tell, like "You're
>Funnyone/Necro/Jalim you <explitive> I hate you!" Is that a
>pray thing, or ignore it thing, or what?

Pray.

>3. A rager app trips my opposite alignment, non-enemy
>character to death. My character doesn't care, but as a player
>I obviously recognize that's behavior that shouldn't be going
>on. Pray? OOC note?

You can write a note if you want. Don't expect a response though, at least beyond an acknowledgement that we heard you. If anything we're probably just going to peek at their role, spy on them for a while, and see what's up. We're never going to realm someone and slay them citing "Soandso said you did X."

>4. Same thing as 3, but someone blatantly breaks Imperial Law.

Try to handle it IC. Same for Tribunal stuff unless it's super loser stuff like flagging the whole MUD or whatever. Empire and Tribunal imms have tools for this stuff and if someone is being naughty it will get noticed. Beyond that isn't player's concern.

>5. Maybe just some general guidelines would be nice for how we
>can help make the policing process easier without sounding
>like whiny bitches.

Hopefully the above helps.

>Thanks.
63760, My way
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1, 2 - pray.

3, 4 - never ever pray, unless the matter is on a different level of notoriety (e.g. Qinsa). These matters are totally IC and to be dealt with as such. You don't know other people's roles and motives, what you think as unprovoked OOC attack or breaking of laws may (and most certainly will) have a totally valid IC explanation. This is explicitly true with regard to Imperial Law which is more often than not a subject to misinterpretation by the hapless victims.