Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectbard songs and cabal guardians
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63671
63671, bard songs and cabal guardians
Posted by Dormok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can an imm confirm whether or not bard healing songs affect cabal guardians? I've sang myself through all of my mana over and over and not seen one change in the guardian's health description.
63673, They don't and it's easy to test out.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sing a bagatelle in front of your (unhurt) cabal guard, look at it and notice it now has a few scratches. That's because its max health just went up 100-150 from your song.

Now sing all your mana on elven agadio and look at it again. Still a few scratches.

Buff songs (anthem, bagatelle, etc) affect them. Healing does not.
63674, This is correct, and:
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Furthermore, healing songs don't heal any NPCs at all.
63672, They do
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Keep in mind cabal mobs have like ten times the HP of a PC. Those 40-60 hp a pop songs won't easily change the verbose health descriptor
63728, RE: They do
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually, I think they never did as long as I have played. I remember trying with allysia in maybe 2010 to heal the nexus guardian, and it never worked. You can actually just end up healing the people beating on your guardian when you do it, since they are impacted by your healing songs, just to a far smaller degree.

Same goes for your own mercs and stuff, they are impacted by the prep songs, but not the healing.
63729, I"m quite sure they healed cabal guardians
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
because same cabal. All healing w/o cooldowns stopped affecting mobs in a rather recent update though. Zargu was upset.
63730, I'm pretty sure they didn't
Posted by silat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because, you know, like lasentia, I played bards back then and actually tried it. Whereas you just like to speculate, you know-it-all :)
63731, This is true
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I do prefer "theorize" term though :)
63733, This. It didn't work before changes either
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
63732, You're thinking of prayers
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pallies, druids, healers used to be able to spam heal on a guardian, but that is what got changed. Bard songs never worked.
Things like herbs, first aid and altruism still work, but in general the ability to heal guardians is rather limited in most cabals. Basically no sup works, skills/cabal powers do. I think maybe the transmuter spell still works too.