Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIssue with Daphedee's IMM comments in PBF
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63665
63665, Issue with Daphedee's IMM comments in PBF
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Looks like one page got duplicated and there are no entries after ~750 hrs., so maybe one got left out?
63667, RE: Issue with Daphedee's IMM comments in PBF
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They have a "max length", essentially, and hers overflowed that. The same things happens with super deathful long-lived characters at PK wins.

63669, Update the data model perhaps?
Posted by Sertius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ALTER TABLE pbf_data MODIFY imm_comment VARCHAR(max);

Or something similar, plus the appropriate changes in code if needed.

(Please disregard if not feasible due to X, I know nothing about your code)
63670, RE: Update the data model perhaps?
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That stuff isn't a SQL database. Very little in CF is. The limitation has more to do with the maximum number of bytes various string functions or structures can work with or store. It's been a very low priority to refactor because it's messy code that works fine (per se) with the exception of the length limitation which isn't hit 99.9% of the time.
63708, We should really fix that
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Both with PK Wins/Deaths and imm comments. Could this perhaps be sponsored in any way? Because it's like I'm paying for PBF and don't get the whole amount of info, which well... sucks :(
63726, RE: Update the data model perhaps?
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I understand that it's a rarity. The only problem is that the few PBFs that are hit with this limitation are the ones we want to see the most And they omit the comments from the most interesting parts of the char's life.

A fix could be to duplicate the IMM_comments code and make a IMM_comments2 to store comments after IMM_comments is full. Then publish both.